• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon has announced New World’s first expansion, Rise of the Angry Earth

Draugoth

Gold Member
new-world-rise-of-the-angry-earth-a-1280x720.jpg

Amazon has announced the first expansion for its open world MMO New World.

Titled Rise of the Angry Earth and set for release on October 3, 2023, the expansion will introduce mounts and a new weapon, while raising the level cap to 65, among other features.

The expansion will be priced at $29.99 and require the base game. New players will be able to pick up both together for $69.99 as part of the New World: Elysian Edition bundle.

In New World: Rise of the Angry Earth, the southeastern tip of Aeternum, formerly known as First Light, has fallen,” Amazon said. “Once a welcoming place for newcomers to Aeternum, the fields have been ravaged by the fury of Artemis and the Angry Earth.

No one is certain what has become of the people and villages that once populated the area, and a deadly barrier has kept all but the most intrepid from attempting to find out.

This abundance of earthly powers has awakened the mighty Beast Lords, a new possible adversary facing the people of Aeternum… but with them also comes a boon – the secret to taming and riding animals.

new-world.jpg
new-world-1.jpg
new-world-lion-mount.jpg

Last edited:

Deft Beck

What's the audience for this game like these days? Big playerbase? Must be doing okay if they're doing an expansion.

Zheph

Do we have recent players count for this? I tho it was dead but you do see updates for it rather often

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
mmo's usually have strong loyal fanbases even if little. just like swtor still holds up, pretty sure this one as well. Based on steam 12,424 In-Game

Shubh_C63

Well not a alive game but not dead either
People play released content for 3 months and they really need faster delivery. Game is still good as I always maintained.

Last larger update was Nov

Screenshot-2023-08-30-204413.png

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Fuck me, I almost forgot this existed. The hype was quite real for a few weeks there, too.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
What's with the obsession of Rise in the title?

Also, of the Angry Earth? Couldn't they choose something like Wrath of the Earth? Rise of the Angry Earth just sounds silly.

3joyvmm4a2ok3n96cgxkztqp7ozoqjxs6frxvrrvodlzvs08.png.png

New world was fun at launch, one of my good friends did a lot of political stuff in the game in order to try and unite all of the green guilds together in order to stop purple from taking over, but in the end the server died and everyone stopped playing because of how gifted amazon are with maintaining ips. It was a really cool game though.\\

On that note, is there a healthy playerbase and balanced servers now? I know they made lots of updates.

Top Bottom