• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American McGee Releases Alice: Asylum Script Online

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

American McGee's Alice and Alice: Madness Returns have earned a faithful following over the years, and the director of those games is intent on making a third entry in the series, Alice: Asylum. American McGee currently has a Patreon for the game, in which patrons can influence and help crowd design the final product. Earlier today, American McGee and Alex Crowley released a "narrative outline PDF," giving readers an idea of what to expect from the final storyline. Obviously, this contains heavy potential spoilers, so those hoping to go into the game fresh might want to avoid reading the outline!

American McGee's Tweet about the narrative outline can be found embedded below.

At the end of the PDF, patrons will find a questionnaire allowing them to give feedback about the script and its direction. It's a very interesting way to go about the development process, and it gives fans a chance to be intimately involved with the project. However, readers should keep in mind that there is no guarantee that Alice: Asylum will end up funded or approved. American McGee clearly wants to move forward with a third game in the series, but EA owns the rights, so there are potential hurdles. Regardless of whether or not the project happens, the outline should give fans a tantalizing glimpse into where American McGee plans to take the story.

Larxia

And the second one is basically unplayable on steam unless you crack it or redeem it on origin.
Oh damn wtf, I wasn't even aware of this, last time I played it was in 2015 and it was fine back then. But I just checked and indeed it's been delisted from Steam. So basically it needs to run origin on top of steam now if you want to launch it? Like modern EA games on steam. How long has it been like this? Is it since EA came back to steam?

Last edited:

Skifi28

So basically it needs to run origin on top of steam now if you want to launch it? Like modern EA games on steam. How long has it been like this? Is it since EA came back to steam?
When you launch it there's an activation process that doesn't really work as it asks for a pre-origin EA account so you can never really login to finish it, assuming there's even an authentication server still up which I doubt. I gave up at that point, but I hear you can take the generated key and redeem it on origin. it's a mess.

Last edited:
I got the PS3 version of these games several years ago and just recently started playing them. I thought the first one was brilliant especially the pale realm and the majestic maze (respawning enemies aside) and I've enjoyed what I've played of Madness Returns so far. I'm looking forward to Asylum whenever it comes out.

boomcrab

I remember buying madness returns on ps3 and it came with the first game but I forget exactly how it was accessed. I dont remember if it was a separate download or was within the game itself. Never finished, maybe I should go back.

I remember buying madness returns on ps3 and it came with the first game but I forget exactly how it was accessed. I dont remember if it was a separate download or was within the game itself. Never finished, maybe I should go back.
Pretty sure it was a download

Ezekiel_

Banned
They should remaster the first and second one for PS4/Xbox One for the sake of conservation.

They're also great games.

Sorcerer

Fuck EA for making the first one hard to get
Bizarrely the first game is not on Origin, they only have Madness Returns. But if you go to the Humble Bundle store, you can get a key for the deluxe version of Madness Returns with all the DLC, and the first game included to play through Origin. Its about 30 bucks. I was going to wait for a sale, but then I am thinking these must be leftover keys if the deluxe version of Madness Returns is not even on EA's own store. Not sure though, didn't want to take a chance as I don't believe Madness Returns will ever be available through Steam Again. Not sure if the first game ever was.

Last edited:
Bizarrely the first game is not on Origin, they only have Madness Returns. But if you go to the Humble Bundle store, you can get a key for the deluxe version of Madness Returns with all the DLC, and the first game included to play through Origin. Its about 30 bucks. I was going to wait for a sale, but then I am thinking these must be leftover keys if the deluxe version of Madness Returns is not even on EA's own store. Not sure though, didn't want to take a chance as I don't believe Madness Returns will ever be available through Steam Again. Not sure if the first game ever was.

This? Looks like it’s on sale now.

TastyPastry

i love the series and i wish mcgee luck getting a third game released but i just don't see it happening. i wish nightdive would do a remaster of the first game though, that'd be fantastic.

i quite enjoyed madness returns but that was years ago! i can't see a 3rd game being made now but hey if the guy believes in it then good on him for sticking by it. hope it works out for him.

Alice dev is an pro-CCP apologist it seems. Yikes.

i hear there's another forum out there desperate for members...

Last edited:
Top Bottom