• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Russell Crowe Bites mate's ear while shooting Boxing Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/mp/News2_082204.htm

RUSSELL Crowe has reportedly bitten the ear of his bodyguard Mark "Spud" Carroll during a drunken clash while filming his new boxing movie.

According to Britain's Daily Mirror, the fiery Australian star's "Mike Tyson" moment allegedly happened during a drinking session on the Toronto set of The Cinderella Man.

Crowe allegedly turned on Carroll, a former Australian Test rugby league player, when the bodyguard told him it was time he went home to his wife Danielle Spencer and son Charles.

"Something must have annoyed Russell," a source told the Mirror. "He and Spud are so close, almost like brothers. And like some siblings, they ended up having a huge row.

"Russell's a great guy but he didn't take too kindly to being told it was time to go home. He flipped. There was a scuffle then Russell bit Spud. It was incredible."

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
If any New Zealanders try and claim Russel Crowe is one of us, don't listen. He's an Australian.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I think he takes himself too seriously.

He needs to do a comedy to even things out...

shuri

Banned
I'm really fucking tired of those news releases that are fucking made-up to create hype around a movie or an artist.

Recent Exemple: Paris hilton's kidnapping of her dog

shuri said:
I'm really fucking tired of those news releases that are fucking made-up to create hype around a movie or an artist.

Recent Exemple: Paris hilton's kidnapping of her dog

wouldn't that be dognapping?

Unless you're calling her a bitch...hahahahahaah

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Coming next summer...

"Gladi-ate-tor 2"

pnjtony

I think if the South Park episode and this song by Frenzal Rhomb

Dont get a million bucks for getting out of bed
Dont get a million fucks when i punch folks in the head
But even if we know we never get a billboard top 10 hit.
Atleast we know russell crowe's bands a fuckin pile of shit.

dont get olympic athletes to my barbecue.
dont get extortion threats from the coffs harbour saloon.
but even if our pay checks may aswell as be conterfeit.
atleast we know russell crowe's bands a fuckin pile of shit.
atleast we know russell crowe's bands a fuckin pile of shit.

Meier

Russell Crowe might be a bit of a looney but the motherfucker is the best actor the world has seen in a long time and that's a fact.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Meier said:
Russell Crowe might be a bit of a looney but the motherfucker is the best actor the world has seen in a long time and that's a fact.

Lets see him do a comedy.

Jim Carey > Russel Crowe.

explodet

Born in New Zealand in sixty-four
A hot-headed actor named Russell Crowe
He loves to act but he loves one thing more
Fightin' 'round the world!

He fights his directors and he fights his fans
It's a problem no one understands
If it's two things he loves it's fighting and
Fightin' 'round the world!

Makin' movies
Makin' music and
Fightin' 'round the wooooooorld!

DaCocoBrova

As an actor, he has shown no range.

Far from the 'best'.

Tool

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
As an actor, he has shown no range.

Far from the 'best'.

No range? You mean the characters in L.A. Confidential, The Insider and Master & Commander were the same guy?

Forgot about Beautiful Mind too.

DaCocoBrova

Can he make me laugh? All his roles are serious. When has he played a villain?

karasu

B00000ILBO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I don't think Crowe has much range either. His characters aren't all that different. They're usually strongt top of the food chain types, with the exception of A Beautiful Mind.

XS+

Banned
Tool said:
No range? You mean the characters in L.A. Confidential, The Insider and Master & Commander were the same guy?

Forgot about Beautiful Mind too.
I'm gonna say yes on this one. When I think of actors with range I think of Sean Penn, Jude Law, Ed Norton (I guess Charlize, but Monster is like her only serious performance)

Crowe's a good actor whose been in great movies but 'best in a long time' is too bold of a statement to leave unchallenged.

EDIT: That South Park parody was funny as hell.

NLB2

Banned
Meier said:
Agreed. He played Jack Aubrey to perfection. Does anyone know if Weir is planning a sequel to Far Side of the World?

NLB2

Banned
XS+ said:
When I think of actors with range I think of ... Ed Norton
EDIT: That South Park parody was funny as hell.
I'd love to see Edward Norton in a roll in which he didn't have to say "fuck" fifty times.

XS+

Banned
NLB2 said:
I'd love to see Edward Norton in a roll in which he didn't have to say "fuck" fifty times.
He's definitely played the 'cocky smartass' in one film too many.

Oh and I'll toss in Naomi Watts and Christian Bale as newer movie stars with more range than Crowe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom