• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anonymous Topic Renaming Mod Appreciation Thread

Up a RIVER OF TEARS without an account said:
Hmmm.

First, Junior Members are stripped of the right to make topics of their own, and now some Mod on a power trip decides to amuse himself/herself by re-naming threads and insulting the people who made them.

I think I'll take my leave of this place now.
Here, let me help you with that.

Belfast

Do The Mario said:
To be honest I agree with Das Scotter

Society got banned for making a screw around topic, but when a Mod does it’s OmG TEh funny!

All those fuck around topics have sunk anyway, what a pointless exercise which got several good board members banned.

Its called "bait and switch" dammit!

Appreciation?!?!

but but but...his unfunny thread titles remind me of the recent episodes of the Simpsons (by recent i mean the past 7 seasons) - unfunny, overblown and very very stupid.

And folks wonder why things like this happen when a meta thread like this floats to the top of the GAMING FORUM.

Y'all can't get enough of it!

Do The Mario said:
Society got banned for making a screw around topic, but when a Mod does it’s OmG TEh funny!

Just to clarify.. ah you know, fuck it. I thought it was pretty damn funny. Honestly, not that it matters, but crazy shit like this is why I dig GAF so much. This place is not filled with a bunch of uptight pricks who hold the TOS over all. They have fun, and you just need to sit the fuck back sometimes and watch the goings on before jumping in and posting a thread that asks what the fuck is going on.

I mean, the TOS is important, but sometimes people can be well within the lines of the TOS and need to get banned. And sometimes, the forum needs to go a little crazy like these title edits. It keeps it interesting, and culls the herd so to speak.

Hey we lost one Jr. Member already. Really, wasn't this worth it then? :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Drinky Crow said:
If you crazy SOBs keep doing thread titles like: "BECAUSE I CAN'T ASK "WHAT'S THE BEST THUNDERCAT TO MOLD MY FECES IN THE FORM OF" then I don't think I'll ever get enough. :lol

Flynn

FORFEIT YOUR TESTICLES BY PLACING THEM IN THE DS CLAMSHELL #1

Speevy said:
I'm not, but I would in a second if I owned a DS. (I don't play handhelds)

Also, what will your town names be?
What features do you hope are implemented?
If online play is possible, which GAF members' towns would you like to visit?

:lol
Very funny.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
johnjohnson said:
Who are the mods in this forum anyway? I know Bishoptl and MikeWorks. But there are more, right?
Don't ask don't tell.
eyes_moving.gif

Belfast

Malcolm Reynolds said:
Appreciation?!?!

but but but...his unfunny thread titles remind me of the recent episodes of the Simpsons (by recent i mean the past 7 seasons) - unfunny, overblown and very very stupid.

Know what else is unfunny, overblown, and very, very stupid?

Neither do I.

P.S. It pains me to ban a Firefly fan. :(

Drinky Crow said:
And folks wonder why things like this happen when a meta thread like this floats to the top of the GAMING FORUM.

With all the towns renamed our maps are useless, and we're crashing here.

demi

Hmmm.

First, Junior Members are stripped of the right to make topics of their own, and now some Mod on a power trip decides to amuse himself/herself by re-naming threads and insulting the people who made them.

I'LL GET YOU GAF IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

diegafdie7ok.jpg

Pedigree Chum said:
Dumbest shit ever, pronbably Drinky.

BTW, thanks to Castellen for unbanning me. He's the anti-Drinky.
With pretty much anyone else, I'd be able to safely assume this was a joke post.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Red Mercury said:
Just to clarify.. ah you know, fuck it. I thought it was pretty damn funny. Honestly, not that it matters, but crazy shit like this is why I dig GAF so much. This place is not filled with a bunch of uptight pricks who hold the TOS over all. They have fun, and you just need to sit the fuck back sometimes and watch the goings on before jumping in and posting a thread that asks what the fuck is going on.

I mean, the TOS is important, but sometimes people can be well within the lines of the TOS and need to get banned. And sometimes, the forum needs to go a little crazy like these title edits. It keeps it interesting, and culls the herd so to speak.

Hey we lost one Jr. Member already. Really, wasn't this worth it then? :D

Don’t get me wrong I love clever title edits and I have never ever had a problem in the past but this was just a but too immature for my liking, regardless people shouldn’t be banned over this.

And it’s not just one junior member society and hitman got banned.

aoi tsuki

Hmmm.

Have you seen the post some of the junior members make? If GAF were high school (which it pretty much is), some of the juniors' posts would be like a guy who walks up to a group of jocks and says "Man, Jake Gyllenhaal is so farking hot!!" Lurk before you post.

i agree that tonight's mass renaming of topics is lame though. It's one thing when a topic is an obvious violation of TOS and it gets renamed appropriately. It's another when some mod decides to bitchslap a thread with his mod schlong IN ALL CAPS just because.

Hehe. I just find it amusing that people here keep track of others' old handles. ;)

BTW, Drinky, what made you flip out like that? Was it the fighter boobies thread? :lol

Top Bottom