• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

any Mouses/Keyboards of these types on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NotMSRP said:
Looking for a mouse and a keyboard that doesn't make sounds when you click/press the buttons.

But then how do you know they work?

Oh, right, the screen, but i like the sound of my keyboard and mouse...

They probably exist, but not very cheap.

teiresias

Ummm, most keyboards I know of aren't the "click key" kind, so the only sound you'll have is the sound of its operation, plastic hitting plastic, your fingers hitting the keys, etc. which is pretty hard to make go away, unless you get one of those flexible fold out keyboards that doesn't really have "keys."

Can't help you with the mouse.

Neo_ZX

What about that PDA keyboard thingy that shines a red keyboard onto any flat surface?

Otherwise try an IBM thinkpad laptop. Very quiet keyboard and a trackpoint mouse with buttons that don't click. Or you can just use the pressure sensitive trackpoint to click.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of curious why, honestly. I use a Model M keyboard, which is so bad for me because I can definitely feel the pain in my wrists/shoulders, when typing, but I wouldn't give up that feedback for the world. I do want a really, really nice ergo keyboard I saw a while back, but I can't remember the name, and at $200 it was a bit spendy.

Regardless, yeah, get one of those "indestructible" keyboards. They're like rubber, and the keys are super, super quiet.

item596.jpg

Like this. As far as the mouse, I don't know. I have a Logitech MX500, and the clicking of the buttons is relatively quiet. I don't know of an absolutely silent solution, though.

NotMSRP said:
Looking for a mouse and a keyboard that doesn't make sounds when you click/press the buttons.

I bought an el' cheapo Samsung keyboard from Newegg last year. It was actually for a PC I was building for someone but they decided they didn't want the PC after all and I was stuck with an extra keyboard.

It's very, very quiet. I use a Micro Innovations keyboard I bought a while back and although the keys don't really "click", it does have a very distinctive sound when I'm typing. The Samsung is near silent, even when I'm typing fast.

NotMSRP

I'm more concern about a quiet mouse. I can type in a weird way on the keyboard to try to make it quiet. But I can't do the same for the mouse. I did dismantle my mouse to see if I can find a way to make it quiet, but nada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom