• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else get burned with GameGO! Magazine a while back?

I paid the $25 for a year subscription, SUPER high priced, as I had casually known one of the editors back when he was at GameFan via chatting online about videogames for years.

damn magazine went out of business before the second issue came out..

though i will admit, the first issue was pretty nice, they used nice paper..

anyone else remember this magazine?

god I miss gamefan, I should subscribe to his new magazine, whats it called, PLAY? or is it something else?

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Dave Halverson was EIC of GameFan, then he went off to create Gamers Republic and then Play. Eric Mylonas took over for Dave as EIC at GameFan, then he went off to create GameGo!

yah, I loved GameFan and Gamer's Republican..

Eric Mylonas was the guy I knew, his AOLIM name was ECM 444 back in the day... i felt so ripped off paying $25 for 1 magazine essentially...

so whats dave halverson's new magazine, PLAY?

i cant find a website to subscribe to PLAY magazine on the web anywhere.. anyone know of one, or where I can get a cheap subscription to it?

I remember ECM as the shitty editor of GameFan in the mag's dying days. THIS MONTH'S EDITORIAL: WHY GAMEFAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN EGM OR GAMEPRO. Boy did that mag suck its last 6 months or so. Even worse, my subscription was filled with GamePro after GameFan bit the dust. Happened to me with that Incite rag too >_<

belgurdo

Banned
Alex Anderson said:
I remember ECM as the shitty editor of GameFan in the mag's dying days. THIS MONTH'S EDITORIAL: WHY GAMEFAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN EGM OR GAMEPRO. Boy did that mag suck its last 6 months or so. Even worse, my subscription was filled with GamePro after GameFan bit the dust. Happened to me with that Incite rag too >_<

The rampant elitism and Japanophilia also didn't help the mag during those times and when everyone switched over to GameGo, either...

jenov4

I could be wrong, but didn't GameGO have a really active forum? It was still running (maybe it still is? I'm too lazy to investigate) like a year after the magazine went kaput. And the editors kept assuring it's users that the magazine would come back.

Zilch

Banned
ECM and his GameGO minions actually participated in a flame-war of sorts with a forum I used to post at (Squaregamer).

jenov4 said:
I could be wrong, but didn't GameGO have a really active forum? It was still running (maybe it still is? I'm too lazy to investigate) like a year after the magazine went kaput. And the editors kept assuring it's users that the magazine would come back.

After they ran out of funds for the forum server, the users migrated to the forums at the-nextlevel.com, and those forums are still alive today. Certainly, that forum has seen better times, but a lot of the same people are still there, ECM or no.

Top Bottom