• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone got a Razer mouse ?

Burger

Picking this beauty up tomorrow, since my Intellimouse's scroll wheel has borked itself.

4597-lg.jpg

Opinions ?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I had an mx510...I hated it. Too heavy and clunky for my tastes. The razer fits my hand perfectly and it glides across my pad with ease. I suggest you try both and see what you like. If you like heavy/big mice go for mx if you prefer a smaller/lighter mouse go for the razer.

"Get an MX1000 and a Func 1030 mousing surface.

You'll be in mouse heaven."

You obviously don't understand the allure of the MX518/Razer Diamondback.

Just got one.

Complaints

The right side buttons might as well not even be there, for me.I cannot comfotably hit them while keeping the left side buttons within range.

The software does not support per-executable configurations; which is something that I am accustommed to.

The software also plays hell with my Intellepoint 4.10 software, which drives the per-execuatble configs for my trackball. I circumvented this by disabling the Razer in the device manager until I'm going to use it.

Pros

REALLY comfortable, except for those right side buttons.

Pretty good software, supports macros. This is something that I'll take full advantage of.

It really is that accurate. At maximum sensitivity it is insane.

I map the right side buttons to acivate the real-time sensitivity adjustment via the mousewheel. It;s nice to instantly adjust my movement instead of running to a menu.

It'll be a while before I fully adjust to it, because I'm just not gaming much at all anymore, and I'm so used to my trackball. But I played through the Doom3 expansion with it two weeks ago and the Razer performed very, very well.

Burger

I think I'll like the Razer as I'm more of a fingertip mouser.

I use a optical Apple mouse at work, and a Microsoft Intellimouse at home, both of which I hold with my fingertips, as opposed to letting my palm rest on them.

Teknopathetic said:

Eh, piss off, I understand. The 1600 dpi is rather worthless. My friend has a 518. An imperceptible amount of extra resolution.

Daigoro

Teknopathetic said:
"Get an MX1000 and a Func 1030 mousing surface.

You'll be in mouse heaven."

never tried either the razorback or the mx1000, but macro was dead on about the func 1030.

great great mousepad. well worth the cash. ill never go back.

Skin

If you're a fingertip mouser get the razer. I bought it with an Qpad Lowsense, and I can litterally blow to the sides of my mouse to move it. You fingertips and the right side of your palm will rest on it, as opposed to the MX which covers your entire palm and is a lot heavier. Arcadestickmonk was right about the buttons on the right side though. You'll never use e'm because they're too hard to reach. I tried them both and as you because I'm a fingertip mouser like the Razer better. You REALLY should buy a Qpad though. I have to say a Lowsense is a bit ridicilous because it's really big, but a (high?)sense or midsense will really make this baby slide.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The Func 1030 is godly, I used it and I immediately fell in love. I'm going to order that and a replacement for my MX700.

HOWEVER

B00006HZ0L.01.PT02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I don't think I can live without the side buttons this mouse provides. I use them for almost every single game and have grown dependant on having 5 mouse buttons (two for the thumb). I also don't wish to deal with corded mice.

NOW I ASK

Is the MX1000 a decent replacement and does it feel similar or should I look elsewhere? Should I suck it up and get a corded mouse?

Top Bottom