• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone Know A Site For Free Ring Tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Sl4m

Almost all ringtones are free if you know how to transfer the files to your phone.

When you listen to them from a phone website, the midi files or whatever type your phone may use, is stored in your temp directory.

From there it's just a matter of transfering a file already on your PC to your phone, whether your phone uses infrared, wifi, bluetooth, a cable and software or whatever.

DJ Sl4m

I dunno, depends on your phone.
I suggest checking the phone services web site to know the options you have.

I wouldn't pay $50.00 for a transfer cord and software if I could transfer the ringtones with a wireless service already in your phone for free.

B'z-chan

Banned
I too would also like to know. As buying the cable for my Sanyo 4900 costs a arm and a leg. Not to mention you have to buy software on top of that.

I have four midi's that i would love to have as ring tones. But all my attemps have gone down the drain.

Akira

Unless your phone service provides WAP, you're out of luck. I have T-Mobile and they offer free WAP. I love it. I just upload ringtones on my web space and download it on my phone. As far as I know, they're the only ones that offer free WAP so you will probably have to pay extra dough to get WAP access.

I recently bought a Motorola V600 to replace my crappy SE T610. Before I got the phone, I really hated it when people used MP3s as ringtones, but now that I have a phone that supports MP3 ringtones I use it. I currently have Twisted Nerve(Elle's whistling) from Kill Bill as my ringtone and it still spooks me sometimes. Does anyone know how I can cut clips from MP3s and decode it to 64kbps? I want to use the Who Are You Nintendo song, but it would be too big for my phone's 5MB RAM storage. The first 18 seconds would be perfect as a ringtone.

B'z-chan

Banned
See i have wap access that i can use but when i download the midi i cant use it for some reason its not avialble in my ringtones. Which sucks.

I just want these four ring tones and a few others on my phone. Maybe i might need to buy a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom