• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arab man killed by racist neighbor in Tulsa, OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

how.

RIP. The system failed them terribly.

My mind is still fucked by reading what they did. They simply let this dude go back and live next door to the woman he admitted that he tried to kill with his vehicle. Dude already had a rap sheet before moving into that neighborhood. Then I think about the aftermath of the Pulse killings and they decided they wouldn't even keep the body of the killer near his victims and had it kept at a different location. It's just a complete lack of respect and understanding on the part of the system in Tulsa.

HardRojo

How the fuck does something like this happen? What the fuck!? Dude nearly killed someone and he's still allowed to live next to the people he openly admitted to harass and attempt to kill? HOW!!?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Fuck this useless piece of shit white old garbage looking asshole.

Don't even fucking care about the conversation around punishment and reform or what your views are on eyes for eyes or whatever. This is the very definition of a useless fucking human being. Execute this filth.

The. Fuck.

SeanC

Can the PD be tried for gross negligence? Because holy shit.

They've already been indicted for corruption by a grand jury. Some cops went to prison but I doubt it was just them. You don't have a half dozen officers on an entire force doing bad shit and think it stops there. (side note, they're all still getting their pensions so no big whoop I guess)

At the moment 21 people have been freed from Oklahoma prisons as a result, a few of them under life sentences from being framed, some suing too (and one recently won nearly half a million, more to come). Who knows how many others can't get a second look at their case.

Tulsa PD would as soon frame the man for suicide.

Ultryx

And there was a nationwide outcry over abolishing slaver that led to a civil war, but you know what it is a better country for it .

You are correct, but I would argue that slavery is fundamentally different from the 2A. I would argue that the 2A is a given defense the founding fathers set in place to allow citizens to defend themselves from those who wish to do harm, both domestic, and international. It's a protection built into this country in order to defend from the government taking complete control. I think it's easier to justify the ability to defend oneself with a firearm as opposed to owning another human being and forcing them into servitude.

But if you're for the elimination of the 2A, it's probably a waste of time to discuss any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom