• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there more doors or wheels in the world?

Are there more doors or wheels in the world?

• doors

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • wheels

Votes: 81 58.3%

• Total voters

ManaByte

Gold Member
stupid youtube GIF

Roxkis_ii

Thinking about this is fun. Every house has multiple doors, but there are 18 wheelers out there too.

I think doors may take this one.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's wheels.

When you think of wheels, you probably think of cars, trucks, vans etc.

But there are also bikes, pushchairs, wheelbarrows, suitcases, desks, carts, go karts, etc etc. I could probably list a whole lot more items that have wheels.

And what about wheels on toy cars, including Lego. Think how many wheels lego pump out?

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Do we include toys? A lot of those have wheels. Some even have doors.
Even if we exclude toys, the average supermarket has very few doors relative to the amount of shopping carts, and each of those carts has four wheels. In many houses there might be a bike, a desk chair with wheels (I like mine without wheels tyvm), scooters, skateboards, maybe a stool on wheels. A school computer lab has approximately one door and perhaps over a hundred wheels, if they have enough wheely chairs to suit 25+ students.

Most cars are cancelled out, as they tend to have four wheels and four doors, except in cases where the trunk might count as a door. Trucks, buses, motorcycles, tractors and golf carts all add to the count for wheels. I'm not gonna count steering wheels.
edit: does the glove compartment count as a door? cabinets? surely. oh my fuck this changes everything

The average skating rink probably has fewer than ten doors, if we're considering any staff-only areas and restrooms (actually, each stall has its own door too!). There are probably at least a few hundred wheels to be found. Can't think of many places with such a ratio in favor of doors. Maybe a carnival hall of wacky doors.

Last edited:

ssringo

Define "wheel" and define "door". I just want to know how far down the rabbit hole of "fuck if I know" I need to go...

Shakka43

It's wheels.

When you think of wheels, you probably think of cars, trucks, vans etc.

But there are also bikes, pushchairs, wheelbarrows, suitcases, desks, carts, go karts, etc etc. I could probably list a whole lot more items that have wheels.

And what about wheels on toy cars, including Lego. Think how many wheels lego pump out?
Most cars have as many doors as they have wheels, and think of all the doors that are in tall buildings(which don't have wheels).
I'm going with doors.

Doors, each family has 1 car, so four wheels, maybe 2 cars, so it goes up to 8 wheels. Each house has more than eight doors.

Plus all the public buildings, etc.
But the kids may have roller blades, skateboards, hoverboards, etc. Also, are steering wheels, wheels?

Vacuum cleaners often have wheels. As do some home appliances.

Last edited:

RPSleon

I own about 15 doors and atleast 40 wheels. There are way more wheels around.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Doors, each family has 1 car, so four wheels, maybe 2 cars, so it goes up to 8 wheels. Each house has more than eight doors.

What about all the bicycles, service vehicles, and other objects that aren't cars with wheels (shopping carts as an example)?

. . .and what in the actual fuck?

Armorous

I chose doors, at my house I have 60 doors.
Microwave door, fridge door, freezer door, garage door, doggie door, kitchen cabinet doors, car doors, rooms, closets, etc.

I could only think of about 40 wheels at the house.
Wheels, 4 on each car and a spare, vaccums, roombas, bikes, scooters, grill, mower

Closer

Probably Doors. There are doors on every object you can go in or put/take things in/from, so it's not that hard to guesstimate.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
wheels.

they are one of the greatest inventions of all time and have been used for a long ass time. they are more useful and the world would be absolutely fucked without them.

Three

But there are more than car wheels. What about the 5 wheels on your desk chair, the 2 on your wheelie bin, etc. I don't know how this is gaming related but I'm not going to stick up a no fun allowed sign.

Last edited:
It's wheels and it isn't close. Just go to Walmart and count the wheels on the shopping carts, the wheels on toy cars, wheels on bikes, skateboards, etc.

But there are more than car wheels. What about the 5 wheels on your desk chair, the 2 on your wheelie bin, etc. I don't know how this is gaming related but I'm not going to stick up a no fun allowed sign.
Also, there are so many vehicles that aren't family related. What about all the taxis, public transportation, trucks, bikes etc. And don't even get me started on all the wheels that are used in machinery?

Sure there are a lot of buildings but I think wheels easily wins.

93xfan

Banned

I was thinking that at first, but are we counting knobs as wheels? Refrigerator doors?

I’m worried I’ve chosen wrong and it’s keeping me up at night

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
It's wheels and it isn't close. Just go to Walmart and count the wheels on the shopping carts, the wheels on toy cars, wheels on bikes, skateboards, etc.
How do I know this isn’t a trick? Say I do go to Walmart. How do I know you aren’t waiting behind a bike rack ready to mug me?

CuNi

Doors, probably by a mile.
Cars have 4 wheels but also 90% or more of cars have 4 passenger doors too so nearly the complete car market is on 1:1 with doors. Going for wheels are only semis, busses, trains etc.
But then you have multiple doors in a single house. Then skyscrapers etc come in and in big cities, not even everyone has a car since public transport is so much better and hassle free.
I'd say it's easily a 2:1 if not even more for doors.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Wheels. Others have already pointed out many things, but also trains. Wheels for anything that aren't even on those things yet.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Unless you're driving an F1 car, cars have doors too. This clearly puts doors ahead.

Pejo

Gold Member
Are we also counting like wheels on furniture, vacuum cleaners, pulleys, etc? If so, it's probably wheels.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Most cars have as many doors as they have wheels, and think of all the doors that are in tall buildings(which don't have wheels).
I'm going with doors.

But there are more things with wheels than there are with doors.

Top Bottom