• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are there more doors or wheels in the world?

Are there more doors or wheels in the world?

• doors

Votes: 58 41.7%
  • wheels

Votes: 81 58.3%

• Total voters

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
They do have Lego doors, but think about the sheer amount of Lego wheels in the world.

It's wheels.

Yoboman

Gotta be doors when you consider fridges, microwaves,cabinets etc.

Even with cars you'll generally have 4 doors, a boot and bonnet as well. Plus doors for the gloves box. So 7 plus doors in a car to 4 wheels

But if you start counting all the wheels in machinery maybe that changes

darrylgorn

..but think about the sheer amount of Lego wheels in the world.

It's wheels.

There are more lego doors.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

Last edited:

Hardensoul

Gold Member
Define "wheel" and define "door". I just want to know how far down the rabbit hole of "fuck if I know" I need to go...
For real, there are gears, knobs and some hinges too that can be considered wheels. Or engines have wheel parts!!!!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Doors, each family has 1 car, so four wheels, maybe 2 cars, so it goes up to 8 wheels. Each house has more than eight doors.

Plus all the public buildings, etc.
You have to consider more than cars, almost everything that moves have wheels. Sofa, shopping carts, lawnmower, roomba, toys, airplane, tank, beds, lifts, Amazon warehouse robots, large doors, etc...

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Also, there are so many vehicles that aren't family related. What about all the taxis, public transportation, trucks, bikes etc. And don't even get me started on all the wheels that are used in machinery?

Sure there are a lot of buildings but I think wheels easily wins.

Are hoods, trunks, glove compartments, fuel latches, mirror covers, glasses compartments, center console covers etc. all doors?

raduque

Are we counting full sized doors, or all? Cause I have 8 wheels between my two cars, but there like 12 cabinet doors in my kitchen alone.

Ballthyrm

They do have Lego doors, but think about the sheer amount of Lego wheels in the world.

It's wheels.

Yearly reminder that the LEGO group is the biggest Tire Manufacturer in the world with around 381 million tyres every year

do bearings count as wheels?

do transistors count as doors?

Transistors can be assembled into gates. Are gates a type of door ?

MrMephistoX

If only vehicles then wheels

If anything with doors or wheels including houses I’d still say wheels because that could include toys and junk from centuries of wheel making whereas most structures that old are no longer standing.

TylerD

Think how many wheels are in landfills too. Doors (well wooden ones) would be more likely to not be in door form due to breakdown over time. Pulleys and gears are wheels too, so my cars have way more wheels than doors. As was said about all the lego wheels out there, it absolutely has to be wheels.

RAÏSanÏa

Wheel And---whoa!

The Great Wheel of Samsara.
The Wheel of the Law. (Dhamma.)
The Wheel of the Taro.
The Wheel of the Heavens.
The Wheel of Life.
All these Wheels be one

And, in the same sense, all the Doors be one.
1:1
2=0

Durien

Think of how many doors are at a resort like the Bellagio or Venetian in Vegas.The hotels are huge. An entrance door then all the doors in the room. With a vehicle, you have doors. The one place though where I can see wheels kicking doors ass is bicycles. Only 2 wheels but like a bazillion of them..

Durien

The average skating rink probably has fewer than ten doors, if we're considering any staff-only areas and restrooms (actually, each stall has its own door too!). There are probably at least a few hundred wheels to be found. Can't think of many places with such a ratio in favor of doors. Maybe a carnival hall of wacky doors.

But the roller rink likely has lockers as well as a kitchen.

RAÏSanÏa

By the powers of the universe the wheel makes its own door.

Another solution in a less abstract sense to the earlier one I offered from the the highfalutin aire of hyperphysics is there in the previous two images entombed in metaphyics: Every door has a hinge, every wheel opens doors. 🏵️

Top Bottom