• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrowhead CEO asks gamers to stop comparing Helldivers 2 to Halo Infinite

Draugoth

Gold Member
On social media, gamers were making comparisons between Helldivers 2 and Halo Infinite, especially because of the big difference in the number of players between the two titles. However, the CEO of Arrowhead Game Studios, the studio behind Helldivers, doesn't seem to have taken kindly to this discussion.

CEO Johan Pilestedt joined the conversations between players and questioned why such comparisons were being made. For him, the industry needs less rivalry and more unit:

While he agrees that healthy competition in business is a good and beneficial thing, the CEO says that monopoly and predatory competition don't make the industry better for anyone.

That's just fanboys being cunts as usual. 'My toy is shinier and better than yours!' Fuck off back to your mum's basement and play your game rather than start arguments.

On another note whilst Halo is a shell of its former self in my opinion, Halo CE up until Halo 3 stand tall as some of the most influential video games in history. Like them or not, there's no denying that.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

yes, compare it with Earth Defense Force instead

vML6Ki.gif

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
There must be more players than just 4 on the squad even if they'll add vehicles / mechs. Maps are way too big for 4 players.

They are technically both games I guess. With space and aliens. That's about it.
If anything Halo Infinite should be compared to previous Halo releases which it would also lose to.

Lokaum D+

How is he right?
What if i want to play a first person shooter, what the fuck does Helldivers 2 has to do with that?

if we're going to be retarded.
Baldurs Gate 3 > Helldivers 2.

I dont know, Helldivers misses the elf lore.
thats cause bugs killed the elves society, u can be next, join the Helldivers and deliver some good old democracy.

would you like to know more ?

Last edited:

Raven77

Very misleading thread title. He does not ask them to stop comparing. He asked them why they would want to in the first place.

There's a big difference there.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
That's just fanboys being cunts as usual. 'My toy is shinier and better than yours!' Fuck off back to your mum's basement and play your game rather than start arguments.

On another note whilst Halo is a shell of its former self in my opinion, Halo CE up until Halo 3 stand tall as some of the most influential video games in history. Like them or not, there's no denying that.
Yep and tragic reminder of how far Xbox has fallen.

fart town usa

Gold Member
How is he right?
What if i want to play a first person shooter, what the fuck does Helldivers 2 has to do with that?

if we're going to be retarded.
Baldurs Gate 3 > Helldivers 2.

I dont know, Helldivers misses the elf lore.
Agreed. HD2 and Halo aren't anything alike.

Such a stupid comparison.

Halo Infinite has one game mode that is basically as big as Helldivers 2. Probably has more features like vehicles, and guns are not locked behind a battle pass.

People comparing the two haven’t played both i presume.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Can you name a game with a closer gameplay loop to DRG than Helldivers 2?
Tough question to answer. Don't think there is anything remotely similar as a 1:1 ratio to DRG. Not with the handcrafted procedurally generated maps within the different zones of Hoxxes IV. Plus you can play solo or with a team. Helldivers as far as I am aware is not solo-friendly.

Original Helldivers is close, so is Alien Swarm Reactive Drop(free btw). Other Horde shooters with team based gameplay could easily be early Warframe, Vermintide, Borderlands, Roboquest and whatever other horde shooter you can come up with.

I don't think there is any other FPS that prioritizes ranking up by doing quests/missions and also gathering materials/minerals for upgrades or new gear/weapons like DRG does. It's like a Roguelite with extra steps in a FPS setting. Plus the replayability is endless IMO.

I've yet to find another game that has everything that DRG has to offer.

Other games only have 1 or 2 factors but not everything DRG has. It's always been my go to fix for a Metroid Prime esque kind of game. Helldivers 2 generally puts you on maps(wide open areas) that doesn't give sense of isolation. Atmospheric too.

It's a game I always go back to. I'm looking forward to Rogue Core which will be more of a Roguelite with larger build variety. Will be very exciting!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Odd thread title for Arrowhead shutting down a Sony fanboy.

I agree with Arrowhead; let people enjoy what they want. You think one game or a cheap plastic box makes you better?

Last edited:

CosmicComet

Twitter console fanboys are so incredibly cringe.

“It’s just like sports and car brands! Everyone likes a little banter.”

No it’s not. You will never find a redsox fan account that is talking about the yankees all day everyday, or an Audi fan account that talks about BMW all day.
Yes you will.

You will find tribalistic support in every space.

Hell even fake ass wrestling has people as hyper passionate as console warriors.

Who the fuck cares? Console war on to your hearts content. Champion your favorite plastic entertainment box all you want.

Just don't harm anyone.

Top Bottom