• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Japan may release in 2024. May also be getting a tie in manga

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
they are going back to bloated worlds arent they? goddamn...

Mirage is the perfect size!!

Yup.
Back to the massive RPGs
Atleast Mirage was sorta a palate clenser, I may actually give ACRed a chance.
Assuming its Nextgen only, im also hoping they are pushing AnvilNext to AnvilNextNext.......Their vision for Assassins Creed Unity still hasnt been topped in my mind, but maybe they can capture that graphical nextgenery with their next game.

They cant let the team at Massive be the new kings of graphics at Ubisoft.

If this is still using the same engine that debuted in 2017 with AC: Origins, then I'm not interested. I don't mind the RPG mechanics that the franchise adopted, I actually thought it was pretty nice, but the animations need to take a massive leap forward. We need the fluid and momentum driven movement of AC: Unity and a combat system has some actual heaviness to it.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

I find the trick to enjoying AC games is to come back every couple of years. Don't play them one after the other. Play one, skip the next 2-3, and play it again.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I find the trick to enjoying AC games is to come back every couple of years. Don't play them one after the other. Play one, skip the next 2-3, and play it again.
Yup.
I actually liked Origins.
I couldnt finish Odyssey cuz it felt like I had just played this game.
By the time Valhalla came out, I still had fatigue, but powered through.
Mirage im actually enjoying.

If ACRed is late next year, I should be good to do one of these RPGs again.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
An otaku assassin?
510.jpg

Elbereth

One of my most anticipated titles for next year. I loved Valhalla, even with it’s supposed baggage. As long as the “bloat”is optional, (which I didn’t have a problem with), it should be a great time.

simpatico

Probably not a good idea to release a game with the same setting as Sekiro with AssCreed controls. The comparisons will draw themselves.

Solarstrike

Gold Member

Nah man, it should be a massive map. I could imagine what the Ubisoft artists are doing. Going to be amazing! So much history, so much to see (and learn). Ancient Japanese lore (history) is incredible tbh. If the game is anything like Ghost of Tsushima, it'll be something special

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m always about healthy historical games you aren’t going to get book related material.

Stafford

If this is still using the same engine that debuted in 2017 with AC: Origins, then I'm not interested. I don't mind the RPG mechanics that the franchise adopted, I actually thought it was pretty nice, but the animations need to take a massive leap forward. We need the fluid and momentum driven movement of AC: Unity and a combat system has some actual heaviness to it.

Yeah, I tried Origins the other day and when I walk around it's just weightless, it feels off. The character is basically sliding over the ground while moving his legs. That what it feels like, it's not exactly fun.

Stafford

Its kinda crazy that AC Unity is still the most impressive AC game despite being laughed at during its launch.

I've always wondered why they never went back to the amazing lighting of that game. I remember how beautiful interiors looked, but exteriors too. I'm not sure if Syndicate did use it, but Origins and everything after it sure didn't.

BossLackey

Gold Member
Not to dump on Assassin's Creed, but I'm going to dump on Assassin's Creed.

I legitimately, for the life of me, cannot comprehend wanting to play this series...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Meh no matter the setting, at end of the day it just another Assassin’s Creed game, so I have zero interest in It.

Especially when I already have epic game like this…..
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom