• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Insider Gaming] Exclusive – Details On Assassin’s Creed Infinity’s Live Service Hub

assassins-creed-codename-red.png

Details on Assassin’s Creed Infinity first emerged courtesy of Jason Schreier via Bloomberg in an exclusive report published in 2021. Ubisoft has revealed a few little tidbits on Assassin’s Creed Infinity since, but what exactly the new hub entails is still somewhat of a mystery – but that’s where we come in.

Essentially, Assassin’s Creed Infinity will be the core hub of the franchise, from which games including Red, Hexe, and Invictus will be launched. Demo footage provided to Insider Gaming (under the condition that the footage doesn’t go public) shows the user going from the Infinity hub to Assassin’s Creed Red within just a few seconds, picking up where they left off, rather than having to boot the games up individually after ‘falling back’ to the hub.
The main focus of Infinity is a live service offering, which is all told via the modern-day story. To start, Infinity will launch on the same day as Red and will contain several features that you would expect from a live service.

‘The Exchange’ will be the item shop, offering players the opportunity to purchase daily and weekly in-game cosmetics for Red’s two protagonists, Naoe and Yasuke. In addition to The Exchange, Infinity also has a ‘Synchronisation’ feature that allows the player to access ‘Projects’ for each protagonist. To explain them in their simplest form, Projects are mini ‘battle passes’ with a narrative behind them offering players the ability to earn cosmetic rewards. Projects will be added throughout Infinity constantly, focusing mainly on DLC and new game releases, or even as a means of sustaining player interest during a lack of any new content.
It’s understood that the current strategy for Ubisoft with Infinity is to release a mainline game every two years, with smaller experiences in between. Red is scheduled for later this year, with Invictus – a multiplayer offering – being planned for 2025, and Hexe for 2026. The latter title, penned as being ‘the darkest Assassin’s Creed game ever’, will have a lead female protagonist (currently named Elsa) for the first time since Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China in 2015.

Other projects include Obsidian (Black Flag Remake), Nebula (settings based in India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean), Raid (a free-to-play 4-player co-op that’s PvE), Echoes (another multiplayer title), and another Assassin’s Creed Remake which are all scheduled to release by the end of the decade.

If you’re interested in hearing more on Assassin’s Creed Infinity from the horse’s mouth, then I encourage you to check out Eurogamer’s interview with Assassin’s Creed boss Marc-Alexis Coté.

Dazraell

This sounds awful, sounds like Ubisoft creates a dedicated hub so they could link all of the microtransaction bullshit to AC games

One thing piqued my interest though
Other projects include Obsidian (Black Flag Remake), Nebula (settings based in India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean), Raid (a free-to-play 4-player co-op that’s PvE), Echoes (another multiplayer title), and another Assassin’s Creed Remake which are all scheduled to release by the end of the decade.

SJRB

Gold Member
Red is scheduled for later this year, with Invictus – a multiplayer offering – being planned for 2025, and Hexe for 2026. The latter title, penned as being ‘the darkest Assassin’s Creed game ever’, will have a lead female protagonist (currently named Elsa) for the first time since Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China in 2015.

Uh... what?

I'll probably just continue to buy and play the ones that interest me (the single player ones), play them until completion or I've had my fill (whichever comes first), and then wait for the next one. Do they really think people are gonna be checking in daily forever to play single player AC?

Last edited:

JordiENP

I'll probably just continue to buy and play the ones that interest me (the single player ones), play them until completion or I've had my fill (whichever comes first), and then wait for the next one. Do they really think people are gonna be checking in daily forever to play single player AC?
I think the saw people are willing to play Valhalla and its 500 hours of content, so they wanna maximize the money they can get now.

Cyberpunkd

You understand you will be forced to launch all upcoming AC games via the hub and have MTX news splashed on the title screen and probably via notifications as well?

Kacho

Essentially, Assassin’s Creed Infinity will be the core hub of the franchise, from which games including Red, Hexe, and Invictus will be launched.
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

Ok, now this comment from Ubisoft makes sense.
"So it’s about feeling comfortable with not owning your game.

That's a big NOPE for me. Good luck with that Ubisoft.

Pelta88

I remember playing AC2 for the first time.

Who would have thought the franchise would become this watered down...

Last edited:

makaveli60

I love AC but this sounds really bad. So basically hyping again some shit that is wrong for gamers and good for them because they can suck money easier.

If they can do this like Hitman runs their game then I think it sounds great. Hitman comes out with a new game engine plus tons of new missions, and your older missions from the first two games can also be played in the new engine. Unfortunately I don't trust that Ubisoft will do it this way. I'm pretty sure they will screw it up somehow

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
but makes even less sense than COD…

why would I want to use a hub to launch individual Assassin’s Creed games? 🙄
Because theres going to be so many fucking Assassins creed games and no 1st party game on any system all you will be able to play is AC, fuck when we boot up our box of shit of choice the home screen will be the AC hub.

Top Bottom