• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astonishia Story for PSP (RPG made by Korean company)

jarrod

Banned
I dunno... something about the color palette looks really limited. Almost like a Genesis game or something... the spitework doesn't mesh that well either. Looks like it's fanmade or something. :/

EGM92

:) it looks really nice, hopefully the can clean it up a bit but I like the old school style RPG look, the anime intro? I guess looks well done, hopefully this gets to state site

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh I remember this game, it was originally on the GamePark 32. Looked like the most interesting game for the system by far. Cool to see them porting it to the PSP, now let's hope for a US release (doubtful). The trees, grass and dirt look almost identical to the ones from Seiken Densetsu 3 :p

bionic77

This is exactly what the PSP needs for me to purchase it. Some decent 2D games. :D

If it doesn't have 2D on it I can't be bothered to waste any time on portables. I will just play most of the same games at home on a much larger screen.

Of course it will never happen, but a man can dream. :(

Yusaku

asto20.jpg

asto19.jpg

Haha, wtf.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
jarrod said:
I dunno... something about the color palette looks really limited. Almost like a Genesis game or something... the spitework doesn't mesh that well either. Looks like it's fanmade or something. :/

The reason is probably because it's a GP32 port, at least concerning the color palette.

jarrod

Banned
Kiriku said:
The reason is probably because it's a GP32 port, at least concerning the color palette.
Well, GP32 is capable of better than SNES/GBA color palletes. This looks worse than that even in some respects... I dunno if it was intentional or something? It really looks like a Genesis game to me (in higher resolution).

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
jarrod said:
Well, GP32 is capable of better than SNES/GBA color palletes. This looks worse than that even in some respects... I dunno if it was intentional or something? It really looks like a Genesis game to me (in higher resolution).

Maybe it is, I don't know the technical facts. But if I recall correctly some GP32 games seemed to have a rather limited color palette for some reason.

jiggle

Looks okay. The more rpg the better.

Too bad there's not many publisher that do korean translation. Gotta wait until after the Japanese version comes out, if that'll even happen?

Looks like they actually optimized for the larger screen instead of simply stretch and crop, or add borders on the sides.
as1.jpg

as2.jpg

as3.jpg

bionic77

Er, upon a second viewing the art in this game is pretty bad.

Still, I maintain I will be first in line to get a PSP if they use its power for good (2D).

I can get all the fucking 3D games I want on any home console. If it is the same shit I can get on a home console then there is no point for me to get a handheld.

I know it will never happen, but I would die and go to heaven if GBA2 is made for 2D with no stylus. :D

Top Bottom