• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS Apologizes After Fan Backlash Over Mispelled Evangelion Motherboards

Draugoth

Gold Member
imagick_convert.php

ASUS has apologized to Neon Genesis Evangelion fans over an error on its EVA-02-themed motherboards.

ASUS' Republic of Gamers website posted a message regarding the flaw with its latest Evangelion motherboard, which included a screen mistakenly decorated with the word "Evangenlion." ASUS admitted fault and apologized for the mistake. "We have recently received incident reports about the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO EVA-02 EDITION motherboard regarding the misspelling of the word 'Evangelion' on the decorative part located on the left side of the product," the message reads. "We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused."

Last edited:

Danknugz

the first thing you should do when you buy any asus motherboard is immediately disable all the armory crate, rgb, bloatware bull crap in the bios before installing the OS, it's practically malware that will inject itself into the OS unless it's disabled at the BIOS level.

one thing i learned (sadly after setting it all up) with my asus z790-f is that there's no ASIC for the rgb functionality, it's just horribly written bloated, inefficient software that literally runs as a windows service and constantly eats up cpu in the background just to run some stupid RGB lights.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
the first thing you should do when you buy any asus motherboard is immediately disable all the armory crate, rgb, bloatware bull crap in the bios before installing the OS, it's practically malware that will inject itself into the OS unless it's disabled at the BIOS level.

one thing i learned (sadly after setting it all up) with my asus z790-f is that there's no ASIC for the rgb functionality, it's just horribly written bloated, inefficient software that runs as a windows service and constantly eats up cpu in the background just to run some stupid RGB lights.
It sucks that we now have basically 4 motherboard manufacturers to choose from, and they all have disgusting proprietary bloated programs for controlling RGB (or more like, an entire massive framework + application suite with an account system + social media integration, 100 useless features that nobody wants, Norton Antivirus installer, etc etc)

I would love to be able to just pick my RGB sequence from the BIOS and have zero Windows applications required. Maybe a simple + lightweight desktop app to configure it there as well.

That would be such a value add, I would happily support any manufacturer who went in that direction. Does ANYBODY actually like Armory Crate or fucking MSI Dragon Center?

OverHeat

« generous god »
It sucks that we now have basically 4 motherboard manufacturers to choose from, and they all have disgusting proprietary bloated programs for controlling RGB (or more like, an entire massive framework + application suite with an account system + social media integration, 100 useless features that nobody wants, Norton Antivirus installer, etc etc)

I would love to be able to just pick my RGB sequence from the BIOS and have zero Windows applications required. Maybe a simple + lightweight desktop app to configure it there as well.

That would be such a value add, I would happily support any manufacturer who went in that direction. Does ANYBODY actually like Armory Crate or fucking MSI Dragon Center?
New windows update do that

Kataploom

Gold Member

one thing i learned (sadly after setting it all up) with my asus z790-f is that there's no ASIC for the rgb functionality, it's just horribly written bloated, inefficient software that literally runs as a windows service and constantly eats up cpu in the background just to run some stupid RGB lights.
Wait, are you saying RGB lights don't increase my fps but the opposite? I'm shocked!!

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

ASUS' Republic of Gamers website posted a message regarding the flaw with its latest Evangelion motherboard, which included a screen mistakenly decorated with the word "Evangenlion." ASUS admitted fault and apologized for the mistake. "We have recently received incident reports about the ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO EVA-02 EDITION motherboard regarding the misspelling of the word 'Evangelion' on the decorative part located on the left side of the product," the message reads. "We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused."

Now this motherboard will cost 10000$ dollars for this error.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

They can take it as a representation of the Bible, where they put a lot of lions.

🦁

lion-1.jpg

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
We’re all permanently boycotting ASUS over this, right?

Those things are going to be collector's items one day. If you have one of these misspelling motherboards, you should never open the box or use the product.

I don’t know what’s funnier: ASUS making a spelling error on their $700 novelty Evangelion motherboard, or the fact that some weebs will spend $700 on a novelty Evangelion motherboard.
Anyone spending that much on a board and isn't getting the big dick features that should come with it... I feel no remorse. Take it! Take it deep! Lol.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wait, so are they going to fix it, or is it literally just them apologizing?

Either way, the motherboards market has gotten downright stupid over the years. DFI Lanparty Ultra-D has lots of fun Engrish. This is just dumb.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Gaming PCs getting uglier by the minute. Every time I see these or gaming laptops I wonder if the clown outfit is included.

Exceptions exist. It's got great airflow to boot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom