• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier 20th Anniversary Presentation set for June 7, new title announcement teased

I'm thinking the paintings will be Mario64 style levels so they can make more interesting levels than "desert, plains, forest, cave, ice mountain, gray ruins".

Hope the new alchemists have some personality for once.

AerialAir

Banned
Sorry for the thread bump but I'd like an opinion from GustGAF and didn't think it'd be worth it to create a new thread.

So, I've been watching Gust closely for a number of years and want to see what the fuss is all about, since their games sound like they could all be fantastic for me. Sadly I didn't a have a PS3 nor a Vita and couldn't jump into any of their games in the past but having a launch PS4, I could have scratched that itch already, I just don't know which game should I start with. So atm, I think the options I have available are Firis, Sophie and Nights of Azure, right? I like games with thoughtful storylines and innovative gameplay, so according to reviews I believe Nights of Azure would be best right? The thing is, there's still Blue Reflections, NoA2 and Lydie & Soule, which might be better on those elements? I haven't followed news on them too close to gather what I should expect from them or if I should just go with what's already available. Thanks for any feedback GAF.

Sorry for the thread bump but I'd like an opinion from GustGAF and didn't think it'd be worth it to create a new thread.

So, I've been watching Gust closely for a number of years and want to see what the fuss is all about, since their games sound like they could all be fantastic for me. Sadly I didn't a have a PS3 nor a Vita and couldn't jump into any of their games in the past but having a launch PS4, I could have scratched that itch already, I just don't know which game should I start with. So atm, I think the options I have available are Firis, Sophie and Nights of Azure, right? I like games with thoughtful storylines and innovative gameplay, so according to reviews I believe Nights of Azure would be best right? The thing is, there's still Blue Reflections, NoA2 and Lydie & Soule, which might be better on those elements? I haven't followed news on them too close to gather what I should expect from them or if I should just go with what's already available. Thanks for any feedback GAF.

Sophie is the best of that bunch and a decent game for newcomers.

Dantis

Of those three games, Sophie is the best in my opinion.

Sophie is really good. Put 50 hours into and regret nothing.

Sophie was my first atelier it got me into the series, firis knocked that hype down immediately but I'll still see.

Moral of the story Sophie is good fun

AerialAir

Banned
Sophie is the best of that bunch and a decent game for newcomers.

Of those three games, Sophie is the best in my opinion.

Sophie is really good. Put 50 hours into and regret nothing.

Sophie was my first atelier it got me into the series, firis knocked that hype down immediately but I'll still see.

Moral of the story Sophie is good fun

Well, can't argue with such a unanimous answer, Sophie it is.

I hope I can enjoy it for what it is and can take delight in Gust's work.

Beartruck

Well, can't argue with such a unanimous answer, Sophie it is.

I hope I can enjoy it for what it is and can take delight in Gust's work.
Sophie's pretty decent but I honestly feel their best work recently is either Rorona+ or Escha&Logy, but those are ps3/vita so oh well.

Also, if you just wanna see more of the same art style, the atelier series artist worked on Fire emblem echoes.

Top Bottom