• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Removes Voice Actor from Metaphor: ReFantazio For Having Affair With Fan, Replacement Announcement Soon

ReyBrujo

Or rules and laws applies to "celebrities" differently.
Usually they are much more lenient with male celebrities than with female. A female idol having an affair is immediate firing (not even a "graduation" which is like leaving the group with a party, it's downright canceling), a male idol having an affair is meh, he won't do it again. The thing was that he admitted to assaulting (which ended in miscarriage). That's way beyond what would be tolerated even in a misogynist country like Japan.

Nothing to do with this but yesterday I read Imada Mio is voicing Luke for the next Layton. Won't be able to see Luke with the same eyes anymore.

MeToo messed up social relations in the west but I hear Japan's got serious problems.
So he canceled himself in a public interview, did I read that right? Terrible situation but why would he do that.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Oh no, how could it be this way? WHY? I can't believe someone I don't know did something that doesn't affect me IN THE SLIGHTEST... Let's burn him to death, yeah, let's do that, this can't pass unnoticed.

On a more serious note, they should stop doing this shit, srsly even many japanese people are tired of this witch hunt against cheaters, like no one cheats there (spoiler alert, that's silently one of the most cheater cultures in the world).

EDMIX

Gold Member
MeToo messed up social relations in the west but I hear Japan's got serious problems.
So he canceled himself in a public interview, did I read that right? Terrible situation but why would he do that.
For all you know, he was forced to go public to get ahead of it as they likely were ready to release info all on their own.

Many times someone does something like this because the person they did it to is ready to talk to the press.

So its either you tell us or she tells us.

Fuck him regardless though (not literally folks damn lol)

Top Bottom