• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August 2004 OXM

Chi-Town

Just got it in the mail today.

The disc:

An awesome set of videos this month.

A behind the scenes of Ghost Recon 2 with some great looking game footage

Trailers for:
Conker(a hilarious Terminator spoof)
Doom 3
Fable
Forza Motorsport
Jade Empire
Kameo
MechAssault 2
Republic Commando
Unreal Championship 2

Demos:
NBA Ballers
Freestyle Street Soccer
Wallace and Gromit:project Zoo
Sudeki

I've only tried Sudeki so far. In the demo, you get to sample combat, puzzle solving and a boss fight. Very pretty and I really like the combat(the special attacks are very cool looking).

Rumors

Sony may skip next E3.

Independent developers who have Xbox 2 development kits confirm the hardware specs that have been floating around are true.

GTA:San Andreas may come to Xbox sooner than expected(note:this item is based on that one analyst' specualtion from awhile back).

Previews

Details on Xbox live features in EA games and a 6 page look at Goldeneye:Rogue Agent.

Conker
Dead Rush
Galleon
The Shield
Burnout 3
Spikeout
MechAssault 2
Flatout
Close Combat:First to Fight
Second Sight
Guity Gear x2
The Punisher

Reviews

Chronicles of Riddick 9.5
Full Spectrum Warrior 8.8
NCAA Football 2005 9.1
Shadow Ops:Red Mercury 7.1
Van Helsing 6.3
Harry Potter 7.0
Combat Elite :WW2 Paratroopers 4.1
Samurai Warriors 7.5
Malice 3.5
Psi-Ops 8.3
UEFA Euro 2004 7.9
Showdown:Legends of Wrestling 5.9
IndyCar Series 2005 6.1
MTV Music Generator 3 8.0

Chi-Town

Wario64 said:
Sony may skip next E3.

what??

It's part of that rumor about some game companies thinking that exhibiting at E3 is too expensive, and that they don't get a good return on their money in terms of promoting their games. Activision and EA are mentioned as well.

"Independent developers who have Xbox 2 development kits confirm the hardware specs that have been floating around are true."

So the rumor is that the specs are true...

Chi-Town said:
It's part of that rumor about some game companies thinking that exhibiting at E3 is too expensive, and that they don't get a good return on their money in terms of promoting their games. Activision and EA are mentioned as well.

Huh. Microsoft Game Division is ALSO in the red right now.

Chi-Town

Littleberu said:
Huh. Microsoft Game Division is ALSO in the red right now.

And what exactly does that have to do with a RUMOR that some big videogame companies think that exhibiting at E3 is a big pain in the ass and they're not getting their money's worth in doing so?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Chi-Town said:
I've only tried Sudeki so far. In the demo, you get to sample combat, puzzle solving and a boss fight. Very pretty and I really like the combat(the special attacks are very cool looking).
Wasn't that the demo at last year's E3?
Sony may skip next E3.
But every company says this at every E3! Someone needs to step up and do it first.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Actually, even Sony was rumored to miss out on E3 2004 as well, as they were "possibly" preparing their own exhibition or something. C'mon guys you must remember that!

Ramirez

Anyone see their little shot at Nintendo?

Its at like the bottom of the rumor page in the little black line...says something like "Nintendo also announced their new system,Revolution.Scared?Were not."

Heh,I hate magazines who participate in silly fanboyish activities...

Top Bottom