• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axl Rose Joining AC/DC Is Reportedly ‘All But A Done Deal’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorcerer

So they ditched Brian Johnson , without so much as a by-your-leave according to him, for Axl Rose?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

AC/DC always soldiers on, even when Bon Scott died they just kept on going not pausing for a second it seemed. Now Bon's replacement Brian is in the same type of situation.

Not even for Malcom.

DiscoJer

I would have gone with David Coverdale.

But I'm surprised they aren't all deaf. I had 10th row tickets to AC/DC on their Money Talks tour and it was so loud my eyes couldn't focus because of the sound vibrations. And then they fired those cannon for For Those About to Rock, it was even louder.

I would have gone with David Coverdale.

But I'm surprised they aren't all deaf. I had 10th row tickets to AC/DC on their Money Talks tour and it was so loud my eyes couldn't focus because of the sound vibrations. And then they fired those cannon for For Those About to Rock, it was even louder.

Coverdale is still touring with Whitesnake, I saw them play in Osaka last October.

Also, just an FYI, Brian Johnson said his hearing loss is a result of auto racing without proper ear protection, not from music.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-acdc/

UPDATE: Other members of the band’s extended camps, however, are apparently confirming the persistent speculation. Ross Young, son of retired AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young, reportedly posted – then deleted – a pair of Facebook comments saying, “it’s true” and “he can and he will,” according to NME. Meanwhile, Tommy Stinson – a late-era bassist with Guns N’ Roses – seems to be congratulating Rose on having already gotten the job. “Atta boy!” he says in a new Facebook post. “Go show the kids how it’s done!”

Axl-Rose-Angus-Young-ACDC-photo.jpg

Look at these handsome fellows!

Kuroyume

Banned
Who cares about how they look. If looks is what you care about go to a KPOP concert or some other garbage like that.

Anyway, this news blows. Brian isn't dead, or sick to the degree that Malcom is. Shameful the way this is happening. And have they even heard Axl sing live? He can barely sing his own stuff since he's always out of breath.

jstripes

Banned
This is an entirely strange situation.

At the same time, that era is slowly dying off and desperately trying to stay "alive".

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
they should just call it a day if brian johnson isn't gonna be able to stick with them. i know he isn't their original front man but that happened 36 years ago. they've put out 17 studio albums. phil rudd and malcolm young have gone and now brian johnson.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I think the band is doing Brian a favor, he's still going to get some money out of this. If he would have to leave the band because of his sickness , I guess he would not be getting any money from touring ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom