• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baldur's Gate 3 Xbox Series X|S Tentative Release Date is December 6

Baldur’s Gate 3 has had multiple release dates over time, with the PC version coming first on August 3, 2023, followed by the PlayStation 5 edition that made landfall early in September. Out of the big three, this has left out a port for the Xbox Series X|S consoles, but regarding just that, sources close to me have revealed that the tentative release date for the RPG on Xbox platforms is December 6.
That said, this is still an expected release date, and the contacts whom I cross-checked with all confirm that December 6 is what Larian Studios has targeted for now. In the unlikely scenario that playtests, which are currently underway for the Xbox Series X|S port of the game, turn up something critical that needs to be addressed, this launch date could shift to a later point in December, or early 2024.
Two days ago, Larian Studios’ CEO Swen Vincke made a post on X (previously known as Twitter), reassuring fans that Baldur’s Gate 3 for Xbox Series X|S is still scheduled to be released this year and that it’s being “actively playtested.” Moreover, players can expect seamless cross-save progression between Steam and the Xbox Series consoles, Swen confirmed earlier in the year.

Fredrik

It’s synced with the Larian account. You can already sync between Steam and PS5.
Should be like that on all games and all platforms. I don’t understand why it’s so rare. MS don’t even have it working in their own games, haven’t tried Starfield on Xbox but I’m pretty sure it would ignore my 180 hours on Steam and force me to start over from the beginning if I would install the Gamepass release.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Should be like that on all games and all platforms. I don’t understand why it’s so rare. MS don’t even have it working in their own games, haven’t tried Starfield on Xbox but I’m pretty sure it would ignore my 180 hours on Steam and force me to start over from the beginning if I would install the Gamepass release.
Does the Steam version of Starfield need a MS account? If so saves sync with that.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Great work Larian! This should be a norm, having to juggle multiple saves just because you play on PC and Xbox is dumb when the platforms are so closely aligned on an OS level.

You really want to set-up a separate account for every developer just to get that functionality? I hate their stupid launcher, this is a must on PC:

Fredrik

You really want to set-up a separate account for every developer just to get that functionality? I hate their stupid launcher, this is a must on PC:

I assume it’ll still take less time to set up an account than replaying the game when I want to play from the couch, so yeah I want that.
That said, buying games twice is annoying too so what I really want is save+license syncing.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I assume it’ll still take less time to set up an account than replaying the game when I want to play from the couch, so yeah I want that.
That said, buying games twice is annoying too so what I really want is save+license syncing.

What you really need is a PC in your living room set up to Steam Big Screen by default. Solves all the problems. ;)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sure, there's nothing else in December besides that Avatar game that interests me. Might as well.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Just in time for the Game Awards

whew.png

Fredrik

What you really need is a PC in your living room set up to Steam Big Screen by default. Solves all the problems. ;)
I’ve considered it many times, even in-home streaming, but in the end I always fall back to using consoles in the living room, I think I would overpay if I went with a PC.

Top Bottom