• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Band of Brothers/The Pacific Special Edition Gift Set Blu-ray & DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Band of Brothers / The Pacific Special Edition Gift Set DVD from executive producers Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, and Gary Goetzman, brings the dramatic show to your living room with this DVD. The two critically acclaimed 10-part HBO Miniseries Band of Brothers and The Pacific DVD gift set, with a special documentary, Called to Service found only on DVD and Blu-ray, features never-before-seen interviews from the Easy Company and 1st Marine Division veterans.

Special Features of this DVD:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Documentary
  • The Making of Band of Brothers / The Pacific

Price:$159.98

PRE-ORDER NOW! Ships on Nov 8

Band of Brothers/The Pacific Special Edition Gift Set Blu-ray & DVD

Best. Miniseries. Ever.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Band of Brothers is incredible. I still haven't seen The Pacific, but either way, this is a great package. A little pricey though.

DemiMatt

I already have Band of brothers on blu ray and it is amazing, Pacific was a boring watch, while it started off great, I didnt feel the bonds of brotherhood and commoradery that they had in Band Of Brothers. This will be an easy pass for me.

McNei1y

DemiMatt said:
I already have Band of brothers on blu ray and it is amazing, Pacific was a boring watch, while it started off great, I didnt feel the bonds of brotherhood and commoradery that they had in Band Of Brothers. This will be an easy pass for me.

The Pacific wasn't meant to be like that though. It was three separate stories created into a series about the Pacific Theater while BOB was based off Stephen Ambrose's book about Easy Company in whole. I wish it were something like BOB as well but it was still fantastic.

Also passing myself since I lack a blu ray and already own Band of Brothers.

Don't get the hate for The Pacific. It's not a sequel by any means to Band of Brothers, but it certainly did hold its own. One of the better produced series I've seen.

EYEL1NER

The region-free blu ray set was a bit more than $60 US on Amazon UK early in the week. Don't know the price currently, but I was tempted to get it. I own both on DVD, but that's a fantastic deal for blus.

Ah, still the same price:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054WG14I/

£36.47 at the moment.
Hope it helps someone out who is interested. I'm still debating it.
Fuck $159 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom