• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch in Fall 2023 | Nintendo Direct

q4XAfdd.jpg

graywolf323

I don’t know if I’m more surprised that this is coming to the Switch (especially Arkham Knight) instead of the Switch 2 or that it took them this long

The amazing Arkham Origins shafted again
Origins was a lot better than I expected. It's a shame it got such negative attention. I had to stream it on PS Now which was a chore, but worth it. Anyways, good for nintendo, the kids will finally get an adult appropriate game.

LordCBH

Origins was a lot better than I expected. It's a shame it got such negative attention. I had to stream it on PS Now which was a chore, but worth it. Anyways, good for nintendo, the kids will finally get an adult appropriate game.

That Deathstroke fight in Origins was so damn nuts.

Edder1

From a technical perspective it would have made more sense to wait for Switch 2 and release it there, but obviously Switch user base is a massive pull.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Might as well collect some money on a Switch port. Wouldn’t be surprised if they just toss ‘em on there with no care or effort.

Gambit2483

How the heck they gonna make Arkhan Knight work there is beyond me.

Lots and Lots of optimization. It looks like Rocksteady themselves handled the port so I expect it to run and look reasonably well.

Also, they BETTER NOT be using those ugly downgraded janked versions of 'Asylum' and 'City' that they created for PS4/XboxOne "remasters".

schaft0620

I could see a PS5 XSX Re-Release coming with this as well. They still hold up but I bet you that the Ultra PC settings for all three games would look OK on the current gen. It would be cheap to do.

Lupin25

All 3 games are suppossed to be played natively on hardware. Switch can run open world run games equally demanding like Dying Light and The Witcher 3, so? Arkham Knight Switch probably would a 720p/30 fps port with some cutbacks here and there, but still looking good, keeping in mind Switch limitations.

Arkam Knight? Native? 😳

That will be amazing too see.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Arkham Knight would hold up well against newly releasing games if it just gets a simple FPS and Resolution boost on PS5|Series, doesn't even need to give a full remaster treatment.

Fake

All 3 games are suppossed to be played natively on hardware. Switch can run open world run games equally demanding like Dying Light and The Witcher 3, so? Arkham Knight Switch probably would a 720p/30 fps port with some cutbacks here and there, but still looking good, keeping in mind Switch limitations.

This is a very complicated game for even a PC to run... IDK if a ARM CPU can handle.

I hope Nintendo users won’t keep using the same narrative in the coming years, there were some significant cutbacks to make TW3 running on a Switch and even then, the 30fps weren’t stable.

But, we’ll see in October.

bender

What time is it?
The amazing Arkham Origins shafted again

Never tried it. I know it had a negative reception for some reason, but at the time of its' release, I was super fatigued by the formula. I love Asylum despite its' faults (boss battles), City was fine but it felt like Rocksteady wanted to make a bigger game for the sake of being bigger, Knight was lackluster thanks large in part to the vehicle sections. Why was Origins received so poorly? Where does the design fall in relation to the original trilogy?

Banned
Never tried it. I know it had a negative reception for some reason, but at the time of its' release, I was super fatigued by the formula. I love Asylum despite its' faults (boss battles), City was fine but it felt like Rocksteady wanted to make a bigger game for the sake of being bigger, Knight was lackluster thanks large in part to the vehicle sections. Why was Origins received so poorly? Where does the design fall in relation to the original trilogy?

the city was more sterile and empty, and the gameplay had basically zero innovations. I never came close to finishing it, tried staring it twice...

I love all the other games in the series, but Origins was just so bland to me. it really plays like a side project, because that's precisely what it is... they let a different team do a game that just lifted the code of the second game, in order to have a little less downtime between City and Knight

Last edited:

IAmRei

this also surprise me as well. xenoblades and zelda, witcher 3 and dooms, lot of things surprise me much in switch capability.

SCB3

I was super fatigued by the formula
Thats why it recieved so negativly, it only came out a year later and felt like a bit of a cash in, its a pretty decent game though, the 4th best sure but thats not a bad thing in this series

What interest me here is an investment from WB games into Batman games randomly.

Could be nothing. Could be testing the market? New one in the works? Could only hope. I mean like if Sony randomly dropped a PS5 Killzone 1-3 collection I would suspect some kinda new KZ game was at least being discussed.

Top Bottom