• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you rate this Nintendo Direct (06/21)?

How would you rate the Nintendo Direct?

• 1 - I would rather be penetrated by a Cactus

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 2 - It was the worst showcase of the year

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 3 - It was mediocre

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • 4 - It was bad

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • 5 - Not Good. Not terrible.

Votes: 22 16.1%
  • 6 - It was good!

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • 7 - It was great!

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • 8 - It was amazing!

Votes: 26 19.0%
  • 9 - It was the best showcase this year

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • 10 - Bang me Nintendo- sama

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kataploom

Gold Member
Or old games shouldn't be $60

But again I don't have an elitist attitude 🤷‍♂️. I wouldn't mock someone's financial situation.
That's on publishers and market to decide, there are (and shouldn't be) rules regarding gaming prices. If seller offers at $60 and enough people buy, the price was set correctly, which seems the case for most Nintendo games. We all want cheaper things, I get it.

BTW, re-releases at full price are still new games to many of us, there's this SMRPG Remake, there's the Star Ocean game, there's the Pikmin 1&2 game, of those games I'll pay full price for two of them, and probably wait for a sale for the other. I'm pretty happy with this trend of remastering/remaking old games actually.

StueyDuck

That's on publishers and market to decide, there are (and shouldn't be) rules regarding gaming prices. If seller offers at $60 and enough people buy, the price was set correctly, which seems the case for most Nintendo games. We all want cheaper things, I get it.

BTW, re-releases at full price are still new games to many of us, there's this SMRPG Remake, there's the Star Ocean game, there's the Pikmin 1&2 game, of those games I'll pay full price for two of them, and probably wait for a sale for the other. I'm pretty happy with this trend of remastering/remaking old games actually.
Lol you aren't going to convince me that old games should be $60 🤣🤣

Stop being a weiner.

You are literally arguing for games to be more expensive.

So where is Metroid Prime 4? Stuck in dev hell or something? I guess my wallet is safe until then or in another 6 years for the next Zelda game.

CamHostage

Honestly surprised no persona 3 remake

I thought maybe even a Switch announcement of Metaphor: ReFantazio could be coming at the next Direct, that Atlus was just holding its Nintendo platform announcement off of the rest of the press release to be included in this show, but unfortunately no.

(Persona 3 Remake for Switch has been rumored/leaked'ish but as of yet unconfirmed, Metaphor for Switch is just wishful thinking for now.)

Last edited:

Muffdraul

It was mildly relevant to my interests. Super Mario RPG remake is very cool, but I wasn't exactly clamoring for it. I've played the original enough times. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon coming to Switch is cool, but LM3 already kinda brought most of its features to Switch anyway. Metal Gear Solid Collection!......... the only way I'd play it on Switch was if there was no other version available. New 2D Mario... eh, I might get that. Not that exciting to me. Pikmin 4... I really liked the first Pikmin, I tried to get into 2 and 3, but couldn't do it. I definitely remember liking 3 more than 2 though, from what little I played of it. I think there was another thing or two I thought was somewhat cool, but if so, I can't even remember them now, only two hours later. Meh.

From here on out, every Nintendo Direct that fails to include Metroid 4, they might as well just have a Japanese man in a suit on screen yelling "HA HA HA HA HA FUCK YOU" in my face.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
B+

The new super mario looks great. The 2d sonic looks cool. Pikmin 4 is day one buy for me. Super Mario rpg remake is dope.

Compared to some of the other conferences I've seen from the other manufacturers, it spanks them sadly enough.
This is my impression as well. These were the same games I was interested in. That Sonic game is going to be beautiful on the Switch OLED.

After all of the summer conferences I'm actually looking forward to new games for the first time in a long time.

Gambit2483

Honestly surprised no persona 3 remake

I didn’t follow the rumours so Mario rpg remake did it for me. Completely unexpected and amazing

Persona 3 is a 2024 game.
I'm willing to almost bet money Nintendo is going to announce it for their next platform....along with Metroid Prime 4 being their showcase launch title.

PrimeX

This Direct gave hope for a new life to my boring Switch. Finally there are no more 'remastered' games that I completed anyway on my beloved WiiU

Dr. Suchong

Pretty good.
New 2d Mario without the "New" , Star Ocean, Pikmin 4.
Will definitely download Pikmin 1 and 2 soon too.
No Megaton to speak of.
Probably saving the big guns for inevitable new hardware.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
It was actually a lot better than I expected. It was very Mario-heavy though. But I love Mario so that’s fine by me!

GladiusFrog

I thought it was great. Mario RPG is one of the best. Also im so down for playing warioware and Super Mario Wonder... It looks so damn good.

I love how weird and whimsical Nintendo can be, Never change.

McRazzle

This direct pretty much indicates most of Nintendo's internal development is focused on their next hardware, a nice solid presentation but not much from Nintendo, outside of ports and rehashes of older games, plus the obligatory third party input, and DLC for existing games etc, and of course Pikmin, which we already knew about.

Pretty much expecting a Switch 2 announcement early 2024.

Considering they are announcing games for next year; Princess Peach game and Luigi's Mansion ("in development") remake is for 2024, I don't think we'll see Switch 2 until 2025.

Thabass

Good for you; there was a bunch of threads about what company did it for people one night last week... It was like a fever dream; very worst(or best) of console wars.
OH, I do remember seeing something like that. Like a mini forum riot. I miss those in my IGN Boards days.

kunonabi

Nothing new of interest for me aside from SO2, which is a multiplat, playable Daisy, and the Princess Peach game.

Moses85

7,8,9 or even 10?

Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

What are you
Elon Musk Weed GIF

daveonezero

Banned
They keep getting me with older past gen games that I missed out on.

I’ll definitely pick up Arkham Trilogy, Metal Gear and Star Ocean

And a remake of Seven Stars is nice

I was hoping for ToTK expansion pass info.

Last edited:

nordique

Persona 3 is a 2024 game.
I'm willing to almost bet money Nintendo is going to announce it for their next platform....along with Metroid Prime 4 being their showcase launch title.

Is it a late 2024 title?

Yeah that would make sense. Same w metaphor game

Jubenhimer

Of the 3 main events this "E3 season". This was possibly the best of them. It wasn't mind blowing or anything, but for a console that's allegedly on its way out, it's impressive to see the Switch still have plenty of gas left in its tank.

* New 2D Mario that finally breaks away from the NSMB and Mario Maker formula

* Super Mario RPG remake that looks fire AF

* New WarioWare

* That new game from Sonic Mania devs

* Pikmin 4 and the entire Pikmin saga on one console.

If this is the Switch's last full year before its successor, I'd say it ended on a high note.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Pretty good. See lots of games i am getting, such as Mario Wonder and Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon. Missed it when it was on 3ds

Mario RPG and LSD Mario look awesome. The rest of the year is packed this year with Starfield, Forza and those two releasing so close together.

Their remakes have the biggest impact so that affects the score. Star Ocean R was a nice plus but we want some big exclusives. My guess is that they are prepping for their next gen consoles.

MrA

Banned
Fortunately everybody 1 2 switch was no where to be seen, so that's a plus
But ok 6 is, oddly enough super mario wonder is another 10 million plus seller that they just casually announce as part of the direct
Why isn't Luigi s mansion 1 and 2?
And nothing amazing or anything to me , just like a few solid but unspectacular games

TLZ

Banned
A few things in there that I'm really looking forward to, but very little that's hype-worthy. Overall: Good, not great.

Here's hoping they have some heavy hitters saved up for Switch 2, and that a Switch 2 is imminent.
This, basically.

Fbh

Pretty good but not much in there for me.

Im usually not into Mario games aside from the 3D ones, and they seemed to announce everything except a 3D Mario.

Mozza

No,

but glad to see you are willing to mock people in money binds, it's a good look.

I just think the same old game

Considering they are announcing games for next year; Princess Peach game and Luigi's Mansion ("in development") remake is for 2024, I don't think we'll see Switch 2 until 2025.
Could be, that was my initial theory a while ago, announcement late 2024 for a 2025 release, or early 2025 reveal for a later 2025 release.

Woopah

I found it quite funny that instead of announcing a game with a title but no gameplay or release date, Nintendo announced a game with gameplay and a date but no title.

Top Bottom