• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Justice League Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought of something, remember the initial trailer where Cyborg said he didn't think Batman was real? Like HE is the most unbelievable person in a group of a half machine man, an indestructible century year old woman, a guy who can talk to fish, and a guy faster than the speed of light.

lucille-portable.gif

Betty

Banned
Just thought of something, remember the initial trailer where Cyborg said he didn't think Batman was real? Like HE is the most unbelievable person in a group of a half machine man, an indestructible century year old woman, a guy who can talk to fish, and a guy faster than the speed of light.

Well i'm sure if he heard stories about the other members over the years he wouldn't have thought they were real either.

Ninjimbo

Putting down? The man makes some of the best shots in the industry. He's not great at actually telling a story in his films. I'm not savaging him, I didn't call him dogshit or anything. That's simply the truth.

Literally my first contribution to the thread was "hey, Flash looks interesting." The post you are replying to is a response to a specific post.

So my reply is: why do you feel Snyder is somehow above reproach to the point that the lightest criticism is harmful?
Because he isn't a horrible storyteller. He's actually pretty good! He gets consistently good performances from his actors. He's able to create believable worlds in his movies. His action scenes pack weight and look slick. And, perhaps most important, there's humanism in his movies that stands out because of the grime.

Movies are a visual medium and Snyder's movies look great on a consistent basis. I believe that at least earns him some points to be put above "horrible".

Because he isn't a horrible storyteller. He's actually pretty good! He gets consistently good performances from his actors. He's able to create believable worlds in his movies. His action scenes pack weight and look slick. And, perhaps most important, there's humanism in his movies that stands out because of the grime.

Movies are a visual medium and Snyder's movies look great on a consistent basis. I believe that at least earns him some points to be put above "horrible".

Couldn't agree with you more. I love the man's movies even if I admit they aren't the smartest. On a purely action-visuals level though he has no equal imo. He's the only director that makes films that look and feel like living, breathing graphic novels come to life. I fucking love it!

Bleepey

Couldn't agree with you more. I love the man's movies even if I admit they aren't the smartest. On a purely action-visuals level though he has no equal imo. He's the only director that makes films that look and feel like living, breathing graphic novels come to life. I fucking love it!

Snyder doing a Marvels adaptation would be an Alex Ross painting made flesh. Shit would be smooth. Shit would be butter.

I really hate the way Batfleck responds though

[inhales with a depressed sigh] I'm real when it's useful [sighs]

Lol, it's a funny line. Snyder seems to try too hard at times. Affleck is a good actor, let him work. My same problem with Cavill - Snyder has him on such a small leash.

shoreu

That Flash gif gives me hope that Snyder and the WB execs are going to embrace how overpowered the DC heroes are, like Morrison did in the 90s JLA. I don't need my live-action superheroes to be depowered in order to be more realistic or relatabe, I want full-on god of time and space Flash.

I like you sir

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lol yes everyone its 9.30 everywhere on this place we call planet earth. If you're not east coast america then fuck y'all
No one gives a shit about Europe though. I mean sure u.k has flooded Hollywood with their actors but when was the last time a European , Latin or Asian country spent $200 million on a movie? Wasn't horizon the most expensive entertainment product in dutch history? Everything revolves around the u.s because more often than not we are the biggest market. China is going to take over in the next decade or do. Expect them to Fuck over Americans when it comes to reveals and premieres.

The Cowboy

YZSq5NO.gif

I like how you can see the space around him distort a bit as he takes off. Cool little detail.

I used to think the suit was to overdesigned (Cyborgs still is), however If they just made the lightning yellow i would actually think he looks kinda OK - its The Flashes signature colour, why did they go with blue?.

ugoo18

That Flash gif gives me hope that Snyder and the WB execs are going to embrace how overpowered the DC heroes are, like Morrison did in the 90s JLA. I don't need my live-action superheroes to be depowered in order to be more realistic or relatabe, I want full-on god of time and space Flash.

Wasn't there a newspaper article in BvS about Supes pushing the tectonic plates to stop an earthquake or something. At the very least the raw power base that Snyder is working on is higher than what seems to have become the depowered norm of late.

Newlove

I'm not sure I liked the full screen 1.85 ratio for Avengers, which is what they are using here. It makes things look a little too 'TV show' to me but I'll have to get used to it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
youll catch these hands if you keep takin' shit about Watchmen. 👏👏😤💪

m23

It looks nice, for sure, but it misses, well, everything else that made the comic so legendary.

#comicfanboy

#pleasedonthitme

I loved them both. Watched the movie first though, then went back and read the graphic novel. Both were amazing in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom