• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 | Season 6 Themed Event: Dark Protocol Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Gear up and leave any fear at home. This is the Battlefield 2042 – Season 6 themed event: Dark Protocol.

The Boreas facility has been breached and its own AI technology has taken over to create Geists, AI-controlled synthetic soldiers.

🔫 Fight in a new 12v12 mode: Killswitch
🔧 Print up to 40 Geists for your team and use them against the enemy to secure nodes
🎖 Earn weekly rewards
⛑ Secure exclusive bundles in the Store

Play the Dark Protocol event between October 31 - November 14.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
When these updates happen I think they’re great for improvements but the feeling is these new game modes always fail.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
They need more of this stuff. They missed opportunity in BFV imo for a crossover with Godzilla (for the Pacific update). Could have been amazing :/

NOCyfJV.jpg

example ai art

Last edited:

Pakoe

Everytime I see something new about BF it makes me sad. Had so many good hours with all the BF games but 2042 destroyed everything.
BF1 and BFV weren't even that bad (we don't talk about Hardline), but I have no trust in DICE anymore.

Everytime I see something new about BF it makes me sad. Had so many good hours with all the BF games but 2042 destroyed everything.
BF1 and BFV weren't even that bad (we don't talk about Hardline), but I have no trust in DICE anymore.
Did you try it again in the last couple weeks, months? It's a lot better, coming from someone who stuck with this game from the beginning and I didn't like it back then. Nowadays I play it every day.

Pakoe

I think I have put more hours in Hardline than 1, V and 2042 combined.
I heard that it managed to get a playerbase, never was able to myself.

Did you try it again in the last couple weeks, months? It's a lot better, coming from someone who stuck with this game from the beginning and I didn't like it back then. Nowadays I play it every day.
I have, thanks to Gamepass but it's still not there. It's a lot better than release, but far from a BF title i would enjoy.

manfestival

The problem is that it seems like almost every release has to have like a year of post release development to be in a decent state.

Guess im going to reinstall this game but mainly to play the main mode since I didnt hate my time playing the game. Just hated that the servers were so dead and that they got rid of 100 player breakthrough.

The problem is that it seems like almost every release has to have like a year of post release development to be in a decent state.

Guess im going to reinstall this game but mainly to play the main mode since I didnt hate my time playing the game. Just hated that the servers were so dead and that they got rid of 100 player breakthrough.
I am only playing Conquest 64 at the moment, because the two new maps are 64 players only and because there is a couple portal maps in the mix as well although I liked 128 and the bigger layout for the maps.
I am pretty sure there is something wrong with matchmaking though because the game never had this many players and sometimes half the teams are still bots.
Something happened with the last update is my guess.

Frwrd Frwrd
200.gif

lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom