• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bellator NYC - Finally the Circus is back in the Garden!

You're joking but a multiman match would be the next move for Bellator after all the carny stuff from this event and the Kimbo one

The only way is up. And by up I mean heaven. Bellator 2146: Chael "The Cybernetic American Gangster" Sonnen vs God's Best Angel. Winner moves on to fight God himself.

rWyPm5V.png

Have at it GAF. Straight from sherdog.

Heel

Personally, I would say that was MMA exactly how it's meant to be. Just a vintage night of mixed martials.

I would watch that every month.

I'm a huge Strikeforce / Coker / Rich Chou supporter. But It's a bit hard to imagine that card going worse for Bellator. Jesus Christ.

In the lead-up, the promotion was swamped by Conor-Floyd. Then, when the event hits, you get nothing but awful results.

- Bader-Davis went to a fairly pedestrian split decision for Bader again, both foreclosing the possibility of a rubbermatch and grinding the LHW hype to a halt. A Bader win would have been fine if it were a good or interesting win. But it was not.

- Larkin loses and, even worse, loses in a stinker. Now you're stuck with some random NPC as your champion and Larkin's wasted cash. Whups.

- Pico. Dear lord. How's that national junior golden gloves championship? Yeesh.

- Chandler, the face of Bellator and its only legitimate homegrown star, loses his belt in a freaky and unsatisfying way to a man coming off an electrifying April 2016 win over Gleristone Santos. Oh Jesus.

- Fedor gets turned inside out in a couple minutes. At least it was exciting. But if you're hoping to start a HW division, you do not want that division to consist of Meathead, Big Country, and King Mo. Very sad and weird.

- While the main event was a snoozer, at least it wouldn't have been a surprise for Bellator.

Really unlucky results for Coker and friends. Luckily, they'll be storming back with Girtz vs. Campos 3 next month. Wait... what?

Top Bottom