• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Hair Graphics/Physics In Gaming?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Alright ladies and gentleman it’s time to settle who in this day and age has the best game graphics/physics in the industry.

My vote goes to RE4 Remake with max hair settings. It has so many strands, moves, shadowing, etc. Truly outstanding work by Capcom.

8057b010-514f-11ed-bff2-0e3e2b0039b0

vU9c1Zz.jpg

Ashley-Graham-RE4-Remake.jpg

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
That is legit impressive. Damn. I didn't expect that from Fifa of all games.
I have played fifa last few years and… this has to be some trailer or some mod. The hair doesn’t look this good in FC 24 for example.

I have played fifa last few years and… this has to be some trailer or some mod. The hair doesn’t look this good in FC 24 for example.
Fifa 21 on next gen consoles had these advanced hair physics, not the PC version.

I remember PC gamers damn near rioted that year when the game came out because the games graphics was severely toned down compared to the next gen PS5 and Series X.

So not sure what version you played but that gif is not a modded game or a trailer.

Also this is Fifa 23 so no idea what you're playing the game on? A toaster?

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Fifa 21 on next gen consoles had these advanced hair physics, not the PC version.

I remember PC gamers damn near rioted that year when the game came out because the games graphics was severely toned down compared to the next gen PS5 and Series X.

So not sure what version you played but that gif is not a modded game or a trailer.

Also this is Fifa 23 so no idea what you're playing the game on? A toaster?

Whoa, that is an insane level of hair simulation and probably the best realistic hair I've ever seen. Cool to see a variety of hairstyles behave so dynamically.
I don't play Fifa myself, so I had no idea the details were on this level. I always assumed it was mostly asset flipping, due to the yearly release cycles.

Imagine if Final Fantasy games had this level of animation :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Whoa, that is an insane level of hair simulation and probably the best realistic hair I've ever seen. Cool to see a variety of hairstyles behave so dynamically.
I don't play Fifa myself, so I had no idea the details were on this level. I always assumed it was mostly asset flipping, due to the yearly release cycles.

Imagine if Final Fantasy games had this level of animation :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I don't play Fifa either.

I stopped playing years ago but these hair physics videos made the rounds when it came out and the fact the detail of the pitch and overal graphics on consoles was way better than PC when it came out kinda had me mad for a while because I'd wanted to try the game and wasn't prepared to buy a whole new console for it. Presentation of Fifa games have always been top notch so no surprise they pulled off this amazing hair physics. Not saying its the best either but its pretty damn impressive and worthy of a mention in this topic.

Belthazar

My vote goes to RE4 Remake with max hair settings. It has so many strands, moves, shadowing, etc. Truly outstanding work by Capcom.

8057b010-514f-11ed-bff2-0e3e2b0039b0

I think this picture has the hair strands option turned off, doesn't it? I remember that it looked notoriously worse with that setting on, at least at launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom