• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy physical editions of games with all updates, like 3 years after release ?

Would you buy physical editions of games with all updates, like 3 years after release ?

• Total voters

Little Mac

Gold Member
I'm not saying I'm the norm but unless the game in question is a "game of the generation" that I somehow missed out on because it was exclusive for a console I probably didn't have at the time of its launch, I don't particularly care for old titles. The whole Backwards Compatibility marketing point is a waste on me because I'm always looking forward to the next exciting new game to get hyped about (with the gaf community) that tests the power of the $500 console I bought.

Last edited:

sn0man

SenkiDala SenkiDala i would tweak your idea a bit. Say a game is $70 on release on the digital PSN store. I would pay ~$90 for that digital release if upon the devs last update and moving on, then printed me a disc and shipped out a physical version. When I put the disc in the machine, the digital version goes away and I only have the disc.

This way I get the benefit of playing the game on day 1 and a definitive offline edition and the company gets extra revenue because I’m a weirdo that wants the definitive edition.

Yes and I already do if I can (GOTY edition, etc). I will also double dip. I was sad that the new RE 4 edition doesn't have Separate Ways on the disc.

zokie

honestly nope if i can get it digitally

here is an example , previously its $5 on sale in my local currency but if its physical i need to spend additionally $ to ship it to my country
i do not have stable job thus every $ counts

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

Absolutely. It's my secret dream to see that as standard.

so many cats in my blog GIF by hoppip

Actually, Nintendo already did it sometimes did with some Switch cartridges having a new revision meaning the last update where already included. Can't tell if they still do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom