• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best "one and done" game ever made?

Vagrant Story and Xenogears are both available on PSN. So is Ring of Red, which was my thought.

I can't think of anything I'd consider "great" offhand that meets these strict stipulations.

Edit: Haven: Call of the King. AFAIK, only playable on a PS2 to this day.

Draft

killer7.jpg

Son Of D

GodHand was made for this thread.

Isn't God Hand on PSN?

I'm taking a strict definition of "one and done" here, as in, a game that was released on one platform, was not part of a pre-existing franchise or licensed property, never got any sequels, remakes, or remasters, and has never been re-released, not even as part of a retro compilation or on a DD service.

Any suggestions for contenders?

Eegah

Blast Corps on N64 is a game that deserves another entry but likely will never see one.

Also, while never in contention for "best" one-off, General Chaos in Genesis will always be one of my favorites.

I was about to say Boom Blox but then I realized it had a sequel. Then I looked it up and found out a version was released for the N-Gage.

Every day's a school day.

Other close calls are Ghost Trick and Little King's Story.

Anyway I think Drill Dozer and Eternal Darkness are both good candidates.

MilesTeg

Banned
Was gonna say Bully but it was re-released on 360 and Wii, as well as PSN. Still salty a PS3 HD version never came out.

Domstercool

Damn, this game is hard. A lot of people said some pretty good replies, so to be different.

Tokyo Jungle - Only on PS3 (can be remote played to Vita, but that isn't in the opening post, so it counts).

He originally posted Dead Rising.

Oh, that's weird. Well, I suppose if you discount the two main sequels, the port, the five platforms the series has released across and the movie, then it's pretty much one-and-done.

Similarly, I nominate Resident Evil!

Tokyo Jungle - Only on PS3 (can be remote played to Vita, but that isn't in the opening post, so it counts).

There was a PlayStation Mobile version of Tokyo Jungle though.

RADcover.jpg

RAD3.jpg

Robot Alchemic Drive on the PS2.

This was Pacific Rim made a decade or more before the movie came out. Was so awesome.

ps2_war_of_the_monsters-110214.jpg

War_of_the_Monsters_1.jpg

War of the Monsters was also fun

Top Bottom