• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best unplugged song version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
To stay on the Clapton path...While it was first performed Unplugged, Tears in Heaven is a great depressing as hell song.

I think I prefer the "plugged" version of Layla, though, so I can't really agree.

shoplifter

^^ correct answer. Whoda thunk Nirvana covering Bowie would be that good acoustic?

I was just listening to that CD today. REM did a lot of good stuff on their show too.

Alice In Chains - Down In A Hole is great.

Cobains vocals at the end of Where Did You Sleep Last Night are great...those are definatly a couple of my favorites.

Chony

By unplugged you mean non electric, or that MTV unplugged thing. The best non-electronic song has to be Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, that song is too awesome. The best MTV unplugged MTV song-thing would be All Apologies.

aoi tsuki

It's just one of those things i guess. Every time i listen to the song and hear him say that, i really have to wonder how many people in the crowd were like me and just completely subconciously glazed over that little tidbit.

I've got this one mp3 of an acoustic version of "Black" by Pearl Jam. It's way better than the studio version but I have no idea where and when it was recorded.

skip

black was done at pearl jam's unplugged session, and is generally known as one of their best versions of it, so that may be it.

Ristamar

I'd have to go with 'The Man Who Sold The World' or 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night'. It's a tough call... though I'd probably give the nod to the latter. The screaming chorus at the end still gives me chills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom