• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Betting sucks

snaildog

Don't really expect anyone to care, but I decided to take my first stab it today: Aussie bowler with the most wickets in the Ashes test (England vs Australia in cricket). $100 on Glen McGrath @ 2.3, $70 on Shane Warne at 2.75 (insurance). The two best bowlers in the world, I can't go wrong right?

Except that 10 minutes before the game McGrath steps on a ball during warmup and twists his ankle, "ruled out after a freak accident". Prick demolishes us (New Zealand), I try to work him to my advantage for once, and he goes and does this to me! Hopefully the three quickies will get the first few wickets between them and Warne will clean the rest up, but damn, I think God is telling me not to bet.

52008.1.jpg

Edit: And this should be in Off-topic, sorry

snaildog

Actually I am the man, just found out that I get that bet back since he didn't play. So I just have the other bet left whose odds are better than they should be now.

Top Bottom