• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin prices hit new record high of over $2200 (10/13 Update: peaked at $5,829)

Holtz

Anyone dealt with XMR Monero? I bought some and added my wallet address and payment ID, the site shows that the purchase was completed but the funds don't show in my wallet.

kotodama

I guess to go back on topic, Japan up in Bitcoin land, but not much. They still seem to be pulling up other markets since this weekend. Maybe a short term buy point till they equalize again.

I switched things over from C-Cex to BitTrex, but I really don't like BitTrex's format nearly as much, C-Cex made things much easier - both in terms of managing, and for keeping track of things. I may end up switching back over to C-Cex.

I switched things over from C-Cex to BitTrex, but I really don't like BitTrex's format nearly as much, C-Cex made things much easier - both in terms of managing, and for keeping track of things. I may end up switching back over to C-Cex.

I know the feeling, I was so used to coinbase from years back and my account is so messed up that they have not fixed my limits, I am using Gemini right now which isn't too bad. Seems like Kraken might be a good choice too since they have more coins.

I know the feeling, I was so used to coinbase from years back and my account is so messed up that they have not fixed my limits, I am using Gemini right now which isn't too bad. Seems like Kraken might be a good choice too since they have more coins.

The main issue I'm having with BitTrex is it seems to require far more micro-managing. I don't like to deal with having to enter in values for bid and sell and such. Just let me know what they're going for, and let me do it.

kotodama

Good Lawd $2900+ USD/BTC. Looks like this is a local top for now. Parity with the Japanese Market and probably a Long Pole warning if I go by Point and Figure estimations.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Good Lawd $2900+ USD/BTC. Looks like this is a local top for now. Parity with the Japanese Market and probably a Long Pole warning if I go by Point and Figure estimations.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/06/mark-cuban-calls-bitcoin-a-bubble-price-falls.html

Bitcoin gave back most of its gains on Tuesday after billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban said in a series of tweets the digital currency is in a bubble.

The digital currency traded about half a percent higher at $2,750.66, well below the record high of $2,967.48 set earlier in the session, according to CoinDesk. Bitcoin prices started falling at about 11:45 a.m. in New York, just minutes after Cuban's tweet came out.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/06/mark-cuban-calls-bitcoin-a-bubble-price-falls.html

Bitcoin gave back most of its gains on Tuesday after billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban said in a series of tweets the digital currency is in a bubble.

The digital currency traded about half a percent higher at $2,750.66, well below the record high of $2,967.48 set earlier in the session, according to CoinDesk. Bitcoin prices started falling at about 11:45 a.m. in New York, just minutes after Cuban's tweet came out.

Tomorrow: "Cuban invests half of fortune in BitCoin."

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I honestly may never sell my bitcoins until it's at $0. How can you know what it's reached its limit or bottom with such wild swings?!

CrazyHorse

Anyone dealt with XMR Monero? I bought some and added my wallet address and payment ID, the site shows that the purchase was completed but the funds don't show in my wallet.

Go to Monero reddit and ask for help. Could be syncing issues. Which wallet did you use?

I bought 1000 Siacoin today. Hearing and hoping for good things.

Trying to buy Siacoins, have to do it on Bittrex because I'm in Washington U.S and they have blocked quite a few places. Can I right now? I see no wallet for SC.

Waiting to see how far it drops before I buy. Falling quickly right now, but I've heard good things for the long run.

kotodama

Still like 300-400 dollars higher than last week. Still 1000 dollars higher than last month. The Mark Cuban bit seems like they are trying to find causality where there is none (not saying my causality is any better though). Interday swings are great for day traders, but are just meaningless noise when we zoom out our view to daily or even weekly action. If we look on the monthly, BTC looks even crazier.

I honestly may never sell my bitcoins until it's at $0. How can you know what it's reached its limit or bottom with such wild swings?!

Build up some financial fortitude and sell or buy when you think it's right. TL;DR, Make a plan and stick with it, adjust as necessary depending on your personal situation and market factors. There was an old series of post on the Wall Observer Thread at Bitcointalk back during the initial run up to 1200~ on Gox. There was an old Aussie bloke(tte) who was selling on the way up. The initial plan was to sell X coins at X price and that worked well until it started to rocket up. Rather than waiting for the top, whatever it could have been then, that person just adjusted their plan a little. They sold less X coin per X price, but rode that wave up, until it crashed back down again. Sure they could of sold it now for quite a bit more, but there was no guarantee and they made more than what they thought they would get, and their initial plan worked better than even they thought it would. No real regrets, I reckon.

DonMigs85

Trying to buy Siacoins, have to do it on Bittrex because I'm in Washington U.S and they have blocked quite a few places. Can I right now? I see no wallet for SC.

Waiting to see how far it drops before I buy. Falling quickly right now, but I've heard good things for the long run.

You have to download Sia-UI from the official Sia site, the wallet is in there. I think this is more promising than XBY

You have to download Sia-UI from the official Sia site, the wallet is in there. I think this is more promising than XBY

Yea, it's a really fascinating coin. I just purchased a few thousand shares at 0.00000514

It's sinking a bit right now, but I'm holding onto these for a while, so we'll see. Nothing I can't lose.

Currently I'm just holding them on Bittrex.

Assuming Sia-UI is their UI and local wallet?

DonMigs85

Yea, it's a really fascinating coin. I just purchased a few thousand shares at 0.00000514

It's sinking a bit right now, but I'm holding onto these for a while, so we'll see. Nothing I can't lose.

Yup. I'm also using Marlin to mine Sia now

Froli

This thread is making me sad. lol

Every time I visit the off-topic section, I keep seeing this fucking thread and the peak exchange keeps going up. GOD DAMMIT

BraXzy

I've been watching things on YoBit, one of the exchanges, for the past couple of days.

It's bizarre and mad how unknown coins pump and dump on there. I've seen coins go from 1 sat to a few hundred before quickly dropping back to where it started. Someone or some people are making literal fortunes.

Bedlam

I've been watching things on YoBit, one of the exchanges, for the past couple of days.

It's bizarre and mad how unknown coins pump and dump on there. I've seen coins go from 1 sat to a few hundred before quickly dropping back to where it started. Someone or some people are making literal fortunes.
Yeah I try to never trade with these coins after a bad experiment with Huntercoin. It's even more of a lottery and most of them are downright scams I think. Pump groups push the price, new fish jump onto it out of greed and FOMO and then get burnt / lose money big time.

Sure, you can theoretically make money quickly if you catch a wave and jump off in time but it's too risky for me. I stay with the top coins for trading.

Two things I have learned in one week of trading with good and bad decisions:
1. Don't get greedy
2. Be patient

Everytime when I violated these rules, I lost some money.

Zeronax

I've finally been able to purchase Ether on GDAX (same login as coinbase, but you pay no fees if you create limit orders as a maker) after ACH transferring and intend to hold for the long term. The technology is revolutionary, but adoption will be slow so if you've ever been interested in cryptocurrency, now is the chance to jump on the train! Just beware of people on forums shilling their coins that have no practical use and are being artificially pumped. Lots of discussion and research over at bitcointalk for alternate currencies; so much to learn and so much to invest in.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed

I had 808000 siacoins and sold them for 700€. A few months later (last week) 800000 siacoins were valued at 12000€.

I am never going to sell a cryptocoin again. I'm keeping everything just like I did with Eth since the beginning. Started mining sia again and Im back up to 9000 coins. Its going to take 2.5 years to reach 800000 again lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, between LTC and ETH, which one seems more promising? I wanna get ahead the BTC split in August.

Arkanius

I've finally been able to purchase Ether on GDAX (same login as coinbase, but you pay no fees if you create limit orders as a maker) after ACH transferring and intend to hold for the long term. The technology is revolutionary, but adoption will be slow so if you've ever been interested in cryptocurrency, now is the chance to jump on the train! Just beware of people on forums shilling their coins that have no practical use and are being artificially pumped. Lots of discussion and research over at bitcointalk for alternate currencies; so much to learn and so much to invest in.

Other than ETH and BTC, I don't see other coins grabbing much market in the short term.

I had 808000 siacoins and sold them for 700€. A few months later (last week) 800000 siacoins were valued at 12000€.

I am never going to sell a cryptocoin again. I'm keeping everything just like I did with Eth since the beginning. Started mining sia again and Im back up to 9000 coins. Its going to take 2.5 years to reach 800000 again lol

Honestly currently it's probably better to mine and sell ETH to finance SC of that's what you want to do.

Bedlam

How do I mine Ether? How does it work, is it even worth it? I have an RX 480 8gb
Not worth it with your own machine I think.

Genisis-Mining.com is where I mine ETH with a friend. We made a 2-year contract for 40 MH/s a week ago.

If you like to jump in, here is a (our) 3% off code:
rJ5s3i

spyshagg

How do I mine Ether? How does it work, is it even worth it? I have an RX 480 8gb

figure out how much you pay for electricity. Use http://whattomine.com/coins to figure out if it is worth it.

If it is, create a poloniex account and generate your ETH wallet address. Use that address in claymore dual miner according to his instructions.

honestly, if your only going to profit ~70$ a month, it may not be worth the extra stress you are putting into your PC

Bedlam

If it is, create a poloniex account and generate your ETH wallet address. Use that address in claymore dual miner according to his instructions.
I wouldn't use Poloniex as a long-term wallet. It's a trading platform and it's not really your money as long as it is deposited there. Better directly transfer it into an actual hardware-bound wallet and create a backup, too. You don't want to sell ETH anyway.

spyshagg

I wouldn't use Poloniex as a wallet. It's a trading platform and it's not really your money as long as it is deposited there. Better directly transfer it into an actual hardware-bound wallet and create a backup, too.

For someone looking for daily profit its OK. He can sell it or transfer it easily. For holding, i'm with you.

Steejee

If Bitcoin were a stock, this would be pretty impressive.

As a currency, it's awful. Currencies can't thrive when their value is so volatile.

If Bitcoin were a stock, this would be pretty impressive.

As a currency, it's awful. Currencies can't thrive when their value is so volatile.

It's one of the biggest challenges CryptoCurrencies have to overcome to be legitimized.

Which is a paradox. Because it's requires some sense of legitimization and integration to overcome this.

Yeah I try to never trade with these coins after a bad experiment with Huntercoin. It's even more of a lottery and most of them are downright scams I think. Pump groups push the price, new fish jump onto it out of greed and FOMO and then get burnt / lose money big time.

Sure, you can theoretically make money quickly if you catch a wave and jump off in time but it's too risky for me. I stay with the top coins for trading.

Two of the things I have learned in one week of trading with good and bad decisions:
1. Don't get greedy
2. Be patient

Everytime when I violated these rules, I lost some money.
This!

Buy, store safely offline, and don't ever look back.
Make a decision and stick with the plan. Don't regret it, don't try to correct it just because something went up or down 30%.
9 out of 10 times you'll only make it worse by selling too low and rebuying the same coins too high.

You can't look into the future so decisions have to be made beforehand, not afterwards. If you panick sell and panick buy based on a trend, you'll always be behind the trend missing the spikes and dips.

ZOONAMI

So I am using hashminer and an Exodus wallet. How do I back up my wallet? How do I convert btc to USD?

BTW using a 1070 and it seems to do great mining zcash (I think???), It's doing 420 sols/s roughly $5-6 in btc per day and hashminer auto converts what I mine to BTC.

I think I should grab another 1070 to push $10+ per day.

M°°nblade;239486207 said:
This!

Buy, store safely offline, and don't ever look back.
Make a decision and stick with the plan. Don't regret it, don't try to correct it just because something went up or down 30%.
9 out of 10 times you'll only make it worse by selling too low and rebuying the same coins too high.

You can't look into the future so decisions have to be made beforehand, not afterwards. If you panick sell and panick buy based on a trend, you'll always be behind the trend missing the spikes and dips.
TradingView -> interactive chart:
add 50MA, 200MA. TimeSpan=5days.
200MA crosses over 50MA -> sell
50MA crosses over 200MA -> buy.

add 20MA, 50MA
20MA crosses unser50MA -> drop, care, don't panic

www dot tradingview.com slash chart slash Qwa3MpWr
www dot tradingview.com slash chart slash Qwa3MpWr/

Top Bottom