• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong is still coming Xbox Series X/S

mrqs

What could the next game be that this happens to?

Not sure, but I would bet lots of samller/non-ubisoft-ea games to start dropping Xbox as a priority for now, but not sure if that'll hurt them as most of their costumers probably won't be that interested in stuff that's not on gamepass.

Three

lAUW2VX.jpeg

💰:pie_moneyface:💲🤠🎩👒🎓⛑️

These people like putting their foot in their mouths just so that they don't blame the weak xbox machine:
Fpvau8-FXo-AAcsog.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
These people like putting their foot in their mouths just so that they don't blame the weak xbox machine:
Fpvau8-FXo-AAcsog.jpg

That tweet doesn't make any sense, but then again its jizz. Larian said they'll put the game out as soon as the issue is resolved, they reached an agreement with MS and the game came out exactly 3 months later.

Three

That tweet doesn't make any sense, but then again its jizz. Larian said they'll put the game out as soon as the issue is resolved, they reached an agreement with MS and the game came out exactly 3 months later.
He made that tweet before Larian confirmed it was issues with the Series S. Issues that they didn't actually fix in the end despite MS assistance, but a policy MS had to ultimately change. His tweet and others like it was part of the reason Larian eventually threw xbox under the bus, something they were avoiding going public with prior to tweets of exclusivity.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I have no idea but that was the main reason BG3 was delayed on Xbox. Aside from the announcement time trailers, nothing recent looks like it should be that much of an issue, especially in light of the PC requirements they announced earlier today. They were kinda low. 6GB RAM and a 1060 GPU with an i5 8000 series, hardly something that would stress out a Series S.
You overestimate the Series S.

DavidGzz

Optimizing for the S will make the game better for the other sh** boxes, don't worry console folk. Will it even be 60fps on PS5? If not....

I hate that you might be right about this.

This would be a good thing as it helps the chances of games staying at 60 fps on PS6. We all see what happens when they push the consoles.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Do people really care about this game, past it being delayed on Xbox?
All I remember from the trailer was monkey feet, monkey face, magic wand and no Xbox.
Have you missed all previous videos and talks for this game?

People have been hyped for this game since back in 2020, was even assumed to be fake for awhile because it looked so far ahead of everything else.

It has easily been one of my most wanted games since the first unveil. I couldn’t care less about any console version though, this will be played maxed out on the beefiest PC I have access to. Looks amazing and makes western devs seem drained of talent and creativity.

Last edited:
This is just the start as many 3rd Party developers will delay Xbox release due to optimization and delay investing their on console in future, which is own company is trying to shutdown.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Have you missed all previous videos and talks for this game?

People have been hyped for this game since back in 2020, was even assumed to be fake for awhile because it looked so far ahead of everything else.

It has easily been one of my most wanted games since the first unveil. I couldn’t care less about any console version though, this will be played maxed out on the beefiest PC I have access to. Looks amazing and makes western devs seem drained of talent and creativity.

Maybe the bad name threw me off, so I avoided threads about it.

Mr.Phoenix

I believe there is something more at play here than the Series S... I will confirm my theory when this game is running on the Steam deck...

DAHGAMING

Damn.....delayed for Xbox. If I had to bet on a reason....

68-105-285-01.jpg

If there was an angry face reaction I would give it to you, I am sat here shaking with anger at your accusation. Just you wait untill sunday, we will see whos laughing then when we see all these amazing xbox games (day1gamepassboii) and they wont run on anything els, you know why ? Its because there not coming to anything other than Xbox and PC hehehe. I know you will all be watching the new Doom trailer, licking lips waiting for the end to look for the Playstion logo ready to come laugh and point fingers but I will be sat here in my full green xbox tracksuit cuddling my series S and we will both be laughing 💪💪💪

Stafford

Optimisation, well hopefully that means it isn't super far off. But it's impossible to tell. Hopefully at least still this year, ffs.

But again, nobody is even a slightly bit worried that we haven't seen any console footage yet? A game that comes out this August? Have we seen even HUD footage?

Darsxx82

The easy tendency is to think of XSS as causing the launch delay..... but I would worry more about how tight everything seems to be and how the optimization comes out on PC and PS5 because nothing has been seen of the console version with only 2 months to go and on PC only the same small gameplay cuts.

It looks more like they have a lack of resources and the optimization process and offering a final product with minimum standards has not been as fluid as they thought. Of course, when it came to prioritizing platforms, XSeries was going to be the victim because it is where they were going to have the least user base.

On the other hand, it's better to have a few more months of optimization than to launch an improper or broken version in the way that Callisto Protocol was at the time.

Topher

Gold Member
If there was an angry face reaction I would give it to you, I am sat here shaking with anger at your accusation. Just you wait untill sunday, we will see whos laughing then when we see all these amazing xbox games (day1gamepassboii) and they wont run on anything els, you know why ? Its because there not coming to anything other than Xbox and PC hehehe. I know you will all be watching the new Doom trailer, licking lips waiting for the end to look for the Playstion logo ready to come laugh and point fingers but I will be sat here in my full green xbox tracksuit cuddling my series S and we will both be laughing 💪💪💪

Tell Mrs. Series S that I'm sorry if I hurt her feelings.

FunkMiller

Still kills me how many people tried to defend that little shitbox when it was first announced, claiming it wouldn't hold games development back. And yet here we are, with increasing amounts of games not coming to Xbox because of it, granting Sony a free timed exclusivity.

The Series S stands as the single worst decision made in gaming hardware history.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
Literally since they have to change games to make the game work on it

And we are likely going to have a dockable handheld of around the same power of the S holding back another whole generation with same parity

Buckle Up Sean Bean GIF by Sony Pictures

But remember, MS has done so much for the good of gaming. Where would be without them, and without competition and yadda yadda

Darsxx82

Still kills me how many people tried to defend that little shitbox when it was first announced, claiming it wouldn't hold games development back.
Why is ruled out the possibility that, simply, the Studio has been too optimistic and now time has caught up with them and that they wanted to prioritize the platforms with the largest user base??

I would wait to see how the optimization is on PC and PS5 before drawing conclusions.

And yet here we are, with increasing amounts of games not coming to Xbox because of it, granting Sony a free timed exclusivity.

The Series S stands as the single worst decision made in gaming hardware history.

If you can remind me of these increasing and growing number of cases that have caused games to be canceled or delayed on XBOX just because of XSS? .....

That I only remember BaldurGate 3 and only because of the split screen mode. I don't think that's the situation in this game.

The other is Ethoria?? In the end the Studio have again announced simultaneous launch with PC and PS5..... and that after threads like this and without even knowing if the reason for the doubts was specifically due to XSS optimizations.

The reality is that situations like Wukong are very very very rare ( are too many fingers on one hand for count these cases) ... and yet here we are trying to make believe that it is something that has become a trend when 99,9% (of several hundred games launched each year) release dates are met.
And we are likely going to have a dockable handheld of around the same power of the S holding back another whole generation with same parity

Buckle Up Sean Bean GIF by Sony Pictures
I highly doubt that this supposed Xbox handlead would require the same release regime as desktop consoles. It would be a different product and more linked to the regime followed by the current Windows Handlead. Support will come by default via Windows compatibility and game concrete Minimum specs, with no performance or crossplataform launch requirements.

The different thing would be to sentence that Xbox handlead to death because few are going to buy a "niche" product whose support by the 3rd parties depends so much on the sales it could have.

Top Bottom