• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Black Myth: Wukong" preview embargo on 17th June + possible public demo in July

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Monkey King Bmw GIF by NVIDIA GeForce

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
A lot of content creators from around the world managed to play a 2.5 hours demo. It has around 10 bosses, 2 of them are very difficult.

the fuck?

It's a boss rush game. I think there are like 80 total. I am disappointed with this as well. It still looks to be a really good game, just wish it had souls like level design
Yup. Sounds dark souls 2ish to me with overload of bosses. Very very doubtful that that many bosses are gonna unique/fun. Hope I'm wrong as I've been pretty hype about this game since it was announced, but the more I hear about it, the less interested I get.

DavidGzz

Guess it makes sense, you play as a mythical being so only boss like enemies should be a challenge. Still want to try it for sure!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Didn't expect this to be a boss rush game, but I'm in regardless. Love games like Alien Soldier and Furi, so this should be my jam too.

Schmendrick

I´m still amazed that this which looked so very much like your run of the mill chinese vaporware now actually seems to be real. We´ll see if it turns out good or bad, but with the clownshow western devs have become I´m absolutely for more asian countries joining the frey.

Sentenza

Please, don't suck.
Everything i've seen about this game so far has been nothing short of great when it comes to art design and presentation.
My fear is only that it could turn out to be a shallow gameplay experience.

Same of that other Phantom 0 game, really.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Btw the game should not be a boss rush games, they have like 80 trash mobs aswell, why even making so many mobs for a boss rush game.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
I don't like boss rush games, so this would be disappointing. Makes sense with the 80 bosses info, though.

I'd rather have 40 bosses in a DMC-type of game.

It's a boss rush game. I think there are like 80 total. I am disappointed with this as well. It still looks to be a really good game, just wish it had souls like level design
What the fuck? Somehow totally missed this. Hype just fell to literal zero.

Endless ball-breaking bosses has increasingly been my least favorite aspect of Souls and Souls-likes. Sekiro was overboard to me for example.

LordOfChaos

Hope this checks out and wasn't just a pretty facade. It will be exciting to see more authentic games taking on their own culture coming out of China and India.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Still firmly sat in the 'this is going to be janky trash' camp at the moment.

The whole run up to it just feels off to me.

If it really is a boss rush game, I will be really dissapointed. It was what I was worried about since all the footage I have seen so far has been boss after boss. Every trailer I am like, "where is the exploration?"

Stafford

Is this person legit?

Assuming it's due to S, just release it for X in August too and S whenever it's done, goddamn. This is BG3 all over again, and it shouldn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom