• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg Newsletter — TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies

1200x675.jpg

To date, neither has revealed sales numbers, but on Steam, Helldivers 2 hit a peak of more than 450,000 concurrent players, while Suicide Squad's all-time high is less than 13,500, per SteamDB. TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies, and most remarkably, the numbers are growing every week. "We believe the game has performed well ahead of expectations," Creutz wrote in a note Thursday.

Last edited:
Yeah I can see the reason why the CEO said they are reworking their content roadmap. Think it is safe to say we'll get around 4-5 factions in total. Rebels being one of them already being hinted at in the news reels.

Draugoth

Gold Member
confira-as-notas-que-helldivers-2-recebeu-103868.jpg

Helldivers II has been a huge success for Arrowhead Game Studios and Sony. Even though it's been over a month since its release, the game's sales don't seem to be slowing down and it's winning over more and more players.

As reported by journalist Jason Schreier of the Bloomberg portal, the game seems to have been an even bigger success than expected. Although Sony has not revealed the game's official figures, analysts believe that it has already passed the 8 million copies sold worldwide.

To date, neither has revealed sales numbers, but on Steam, Helldivers 2 hit a peak of more than 450,000 concurrent players, while Suicide Squad’s all-time high is less than 13,500, per SteamDB. TD Cowen analyst Doug Creutz estimated that Helldivers 2 has sold more than 8 million copies, and most remarkably, the numbers are growing every week. “We believe the game has performed well ahead of expectations,” Creutz wrote in a note Thursday.

Source

Last edited:

Kabelly

this tiny studio delivered where Naughty Dog and Bungie didn’t and aren’t lmao
It actually hurts because I think Naughty Dog probably had too grand of an idea when all we needed was some good maps, stables connections, and TLOU II gameplay in a multiplayer setting. They already had the DNA in the first game. They wanted a whole story with voice acting and shit I'm assuming. Plus the corps want a pipeline of contents so that means a million ellie costumes they can't keep up with but we gotta farm.

TLOU II multiplayer could work so well. The gameplay is so good. Plus they've always been a single player studio first and foremost. This probably completely cut into their normal routines.

I'm very curious to try out this Rogue Mode because it probably had leftovers from the multiplayer.

Last edited:
“I will say, when I look at a game like Helldivers 2, and it's a great game, kudos to the team shipping on PC and PlayStation, I'm not exactly sure who it helps in the industry by not being on Xbox.”

- Phil Spencer

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

It helps Phil Spencer

Would you like to know more?

Killjoy-NL

Marathon looks like shit and is testing poorly and Sony bought Bungie after all that shit. They got Lightfall which is a jump the shark moment for the game and it’s collapsing popularity.
Destiny 1 Alpha was also received rather poorly, when people discovered we couldn't go anywhere we wanted at all.
That doesn't have to say much.

Last edited:
This just shows how traditional promo (E3, conferences etc) are dying.

The game had a few trailers that did bad at selling the game (it was hardly a huge pre-seller) and then it comes out and goes viral like this.

8M in less than 2 months is basically a bigger hit than games like Forbidden West that im sure cost a lot more to make.

Quixz

We went from "can the CCU on Steam surpass Infinite and Destiny?"

350K+ has been the norm for the past month.

I guess Sony is waiting for 10 million to announce the milestone.

Top Bottom