• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Origin / Bezos shows off a giant moon lander

Update: Trailer

D6J1_7PXkAQy1Z_.jpg

It's called BE-7, and its designed to make all the complicated maneuvers that it takes to safely land on the lunar surface.

Bezos said they've been working on the design for three years and could test fire the engine for the first time this summer.

Bezos' said developing Blue's New Shepard vehicle answered a lot of questions about how to safely land on the moon. He described the right engine as the final problem.

Blue Moon, the name of Blue's lunar lander, already has about six customers, Bezos announced. They include academic institutions.

Blue Origin will have to build a massive rocket to get that big ugly thing to the moon but Lex Bezos is going to get it done

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't really care if it is Amazon and Bezos going to the moon but did the lander have to look like Doctor Doom?

3 years of design. Why not buy SpaceX designers you have the money.

Tesseract

Banned
bad ass shit, but i gotta be honest man, seeing this while amazon warehouse wage slaves work crippling hours in shit conditions makes me sad

they are not really spending that much to fake a moon landing are they?

I joke, I hope they get this done. We need a space race to the moon, SpaceX you up for the challenge? Bezos says you can't beat his boat to the moon.

Weilthain

Banned
Apollo Moon landings were 100% faked. I won’t believe they happened until nasa actually allows some proper pictures of the Apollo landing sites from satellites so we can really compare them to the laughably fake images they made in a studio.

Funny how they go out of their way to prevent anyone going near them, and the best images we have are some pixels.

Apollo Moon landings were 100% faked. I won’t believe they happened until nasa actually allows some proper pictures of the Apollo landing sites from satellites so we can really compare them to the laughably fake images they made in a studio.

Funny how they go out of their way to prevent anyone going near them, and the best images we have are some pixels.

Have you ever heard the theory that they were faked because radiation made it impossible to actually take photos and film back to Earth without being destroyed?

That makes a lot more sense, because we definitely went to the Moon either way.

Weilthain

Banned
Have you ever heard the theory that they were faked because radiation made it impossible to actually take photos and film back to Earth without being destroyed?

That makes a lot more sense, because we definitely went to the Moon either way.
Yea I've heard that. The photos have absolutely zero marks from radiation whatsoever which always gets brushed off.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member

Joke post right? People can't actually be this foolish...

Dontero

Banned
The real story from apollo is that no one knows how to make Saturn rockets anymore because it was pre computer era and most of parts and stuff was handmade and it required craftsmen to achieve that rather than CNC machines etc. So even if you wanted to make Saturn rocked you wouldn't be able to do it even if you had original schematics.

And for sure photos were fake anyone who ever watched production of space oddysey 2001 documentary will quickly get idea that photos like those were simply not possible.

But one thing is certain. For sure they landed, we just don't know which mission exactly and how many people died before someone actually managed to do it.

Same story with russians. Gagarin might not be actually the first one who got into "space". I am pretty sure there were plenty of people who were there but didn't manage to survive.

Top Bottom