• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boeing's 737 Max aircraft under scrutiny again

llien

Little more than six months after Boeing's 737 Max was cleared to fly again by US regulators, the aircraft finds itself under intense scrutiny once again.
The discovery of a potential electrical problem last month led to the renewed grounding of more than 100 aeroplanes, belonging to 24 airlines around the world.

But the affair has given new energy to critics who claim the 737 Max was allowed back into service prematurely - and that issues which could have contributed to two fatal crashes have not been fully analysed or addressed.

Those critics include a high profile whistle-blower, Ed Pierson, who has already sought to link allegedly poor production standards at the 737 factory with electrical defects on the crashed planes, which he claims may have been implicated in both accidents.

Fuck you, Boeing management, you goddamn filthy fucks... :messenger_pouting:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Just a personal opinion - I would never again fly Boeing 737 max, no matter the amount of toilet paper they call certification.

Actually, given the way they did 'cert' their planes, I'm not going to fly any Boeing anymore. Airbus, Embraer - yes. Boeing - no. In my view they lost any credibility.

tenor.gif

MastaKiiLA

Just a personal opinion - I would never again fly Boeing 737 max, no matter the amount of toilet paper they call certification.

Actually, given the way they did 'cert' their planes, I'm not going to fly any Boeing anymore. Airbus, Embraer - yes. Boeing - no. In my view they lost any credibility.

tenor.gif
Old 737s are fine. It's the new generation that seems to be succumbing to some dodgy quality control. A lot of that is inferred, of course, but having a new model crashing due to software that was poorly-documented and not properly presented to pilots, and a litany of other bugs since...that ain't a good look. Couple that with the continued Starliner issues, and it just feels like Boeing isn't the tight ship we were lead to believe in the past.

If they keep this up.. You'll see Boeing planes inside an Air and Space Museum and a brief history of their giant fuck up on their biggest pile of shit called the 737-Max.

Fbh

Someone need to make some browser extension that looks into Airline records and give you some pop up warning when you're about to buy a ticket for a flight with one of these.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

did not want to create a new thread:
no fatalities and engine trouble
This aircraft is not the same as a Boeing 737 Max, the aircraft temporarily grounded by authorities after two fatal passenger airline crashes in 2018 and 2019 respectively.

Last edited:

jonnyp

Boeing management should be in prison. Evil, corrupt criminals.

How the fuck their engineers can sleep at night too is beyond me

Top Bottom