• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather called Conor McGregor a gay slur (the f one)

What makes you think the fight will not be interesting? I don't follow boxing or MMA or fighting in general, but it sounds like it will be interesting at least from an outsider's perspective. You have 1 fighter that will be way out of his element, and 1 fighter that's at the end of his career. Either one could slip up and take some major damage.

Then again, I turned up for Maywhether/Pacquiao and that was kind of a bust. Maywhether may just play defense for the whole fight again.

Because McGregor's not a boxer...

You've got a great boxer vs a guy who has never boxed.

Hex

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;243492291 said:
I hope they both just end each other.

Not their careers, but their lives.

Like they literally kill each other in the boxing ring.

Be the animals they claim to be, uncivilized things.

Never change Gaf

Jesus Christ

KillLaCam

Banned

I hope you're not this extreme any time someone says something offensive

Mr.Shrugglesツ;243492687 said:
Sorry for denigrating the bigots that hoodwink people into given them money for bloodsport.

At least wrestlers are only half-faking it.

I mean yeah what both have done has been totally shit. But I'm certainly not gonna advocate for the death penalty for hate speech

Chumley

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;243492687 said:
Sorry for denigrating the bigots that hoodwink people into given them money for bloodsport.

At least wrestlers are only half-faking it.

No one is being hoodwinked. No one has any excuse to not know who these people are. Conor's entire life since becoming famous is out there on the internet for anyone to see, same with Floyd's extensive history with every kind of morally repugnant thing you can imagine. Domestic violence, caping for foreign dictators, homophobia, racism, throw in some Trump support for good measure.

border

Which takes me back to what I said to Samar earlier - if you just wanna throw money at a freak show, there are probably better options that are going to be way more entertaining, is all I'm saying.

I think most people are planning on watching the fight at a sports bar or house party. The number of people who are saying "Yes I want to spend $100 on this" is probably pretty small......and they're the ones hosting the house party. Most people are probably splitting the PPV cost amongst many friends.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Hex

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;243492813 said:
the aryan haircut dude literally said he wants to tear mayweather apart limb by limb.

I have heard Conor Mac called many things, but "aryan haircut dude" is a first

Chumley

Banned
the aryan haircut dude literally said he wants to tear mayweather apart limb by limb.

Aryan?

giphy.gif

KillLaCam

Banned

....That's a normal thing to say during promotions though. He doesn't literally mean he's gonna rip him apart. Its literally one of the most generic things someone can say while promoting a fight.

Is it an aryan haircut because he's Irish?

Xe4

Banned
I wasn't going to watch in the first place (for reasons of it being about as interesting as if Maywether stepped into the octogon), but now (and after McGregor was also a fuckhead the other day) I'm glad I'm not watching, and am going to stay as far away as possible.

TBH, I don't even think it'll post in the OT. Just McGreggor trying to hit someone twice as fast as him, which'll be a snooze fest.

dream

Bobby, I accept that you are an expert on certain things, like Marvel movies and Star Wars, because you have a history of spending an inordinate amount of time insisting upon your points on here.

But before I can buy into your take on the Mayweather/McGregor fight, do you have any history of displaying any sort of expertise on combat sports? I am an avid participant in MMA-GAF, and an interested reader of Boxing-GAF, but I've never seen you in either community. I realize that GAF may not be your exclusive platform for pontificating though.

Do you have any credentials as a fan of fighting or as a fighter? I ask because you've insisted so many times that this fight is not worth buying, so I suspect there's probably some sort of expert knowledge or other form of credibility that I haven't seen thus far.

Bad post

fade_

It took this to realize that the man who choked the mother of his kids in front of his children is a piece of shit?

Bobby, I accept that you are an expert on certain things, like Marvel movies and Star Wars, because you have a history of spending an inordinate amount of time insisting upon your points on here.

But before I can buy into your take on the Mayweather/McGregor fight, do you have any history of displaying any sort of expertise on combat sports? I am an avid participant in MMA-GAF, and an interested reader of Boxing-GAF, but I've never seen you in either community. I realize that GAF may not be your exclusive platform for pontificating though.

Do you have any credentials as a fan of fighting or as a fighter? I ask because you've insisted so many times that this fight is not worth buying, so I suspect there's probably some sort of expert knowledge or other form of credibility that I haven't seen thus far.

See this is gatekeeping.

Where did that one dude go anyway?

(also: Not an expert on anything. Never claimed as such at any point either)

KillLaCam

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;243493809 said:
They should just stop fucking about and join the wwe then.

Boxing has been like this forever though... Plus theyll make way more money than anyone in the WWE for like 300 times less inconvenience/time.

No one cares as much as people on Gaf would have you believe. Even Gaffers in the McGregor thread earlier in the week were braying for literal blood, drooling at the prospect of watching him get his ass beat by another known shitbag. You can claim to be above getting worked yourself, but that very thread is proof of why they're talking crazy like this. It's adding more than it's subtracting

The amount of people that are going to be offended to the point of canceling a pre-order is insignificant, and the people that were actually going to watch this fight aren't the sort of people to be put off by this kind of talk anyway. Or at least they shouldn't be offended, because this sort of polemic machismo is ingrained in the sport. ESPECIALLY with these particular guys. Everyone's going to watch and they're both going to make an obscene amount of money--enough money that they will never face any ramifications for these recent headlines. Isn't their money guaranteed anyway?

The whole thing is the biggest work I've ever seen. Vince will be amazed at this shit. I watched last nights conference and I've never seen anything like it before and I don't want to see anything like that again. Anyone with half a brain cell can see the whole fucking thing is a joke. Apparently they flew on the same private jet to London. I can imagine them having a real good laugh on that flight as they 2 peas from the same pod.

Velcro Fly

can we just launch them both on a rocket into outer space? i can't think of a single redeeming quality for either one of them or this fight.

KillLaCam

Banned
Mr.Shrugglesツ;243494520 said:
Well, with all the ignant shit going on it sure feels like early 1900s now.
Idk I'd say a few slurs is a huge upgrade from what was happening back then lol.

The whole thing is the biggest work I've ever seen. Vince will be amazed at this shit. I watched last nights conference and I've never seen anything like it before and I don't want to see anything like that again. Anyone with half a brain cell can see the whole fucking thing is a joke. Apparently they flew on the same private jet to London. I can imagine them having a real good laugh on that flight as they 2 peas from the same pod.

Floyd was even laughing at some of Conors jokes during the 2nd conference. They're not even trying to hide that theyre just having fun

Top Bottom