• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of Fire 3 and Megaman Dash for PSP??

Rlan said:
Megaman and Bass got a port to GBA. Although that was a good decision :)

Well, hell, I forgot about that.

But that wasn't ever released on the SNES anyway, so it doesn't count. Yeah, that's it...

Amir0x

Banned
theREBELins said:
Is the Devil May Cry PSP game supposed to be original? They should give Vergil a sword or something and make him as the main character.

Yeah, DMC PSP is an original game from the last info we had. However, all is still suspiciously quiet on the DMC front... so who knows what it will eventually turn out to be.

john tv

Jonnyram said:
Speaking of ports, I started playing Sarugetchu P (Ape Escape) on my PSP tonight... holy mother of god, those are some messed up load times :(
I'm amazed Sony is willing to put out such shit as a first party. They should be ashamed. I hope somebody (Stringer?) steps in and makes some changes over there ASAP...

duckroll

Amir0x said:
Yeah, DMC PSP is an original game from the last info we had. However, all is still suspiciously quiet on the DMC front... so who knows what it will eventually turn out to be.

Dante Strip Pachinko! Capcom, make it so! :D

Which is as much a product of a shortage of good alternatives as anything.

There's not after the fall. After 2006, I doubt there will be another PSP drought again, just like all machines. BOF3 probably wouldn't be out until 2006 so the shortage is thrown out.

Neat to see that series back in style, but it's not the must-have system-seller.

System selling is subjective. A lot of Madden fans are going to like taking their franchise on the go. While thats not a system seller to me, it might be for another person. I don't think Capcom has done a system seller this generation except RE4 for GC and CV for the Dreamcast. I got a PSP 3rd day I think. I rushed buying it. In hindsight, I would have waited a year for more games but whatever. As of E3, Sony sold 1.3 million PSPs. So less than two months, it has that figure. So while you may not think there's any system sellers, 1.3 million disagree. That number is probably around 1.5 million now.

that didnt last long

He was getting annoying. A good troll sprinkles his trolling like a spice. He laid it on thick, like a whore's makeup.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
john tv said:
I'm amazed Sony is willing to put out such shit as a first party. They should be ashamed. I hope somebody (Stringer?) steps in and makes some changes over there ASAP...

Why do you think Stringer would step in? Isn't he taking a kind of hands off approach when it comes to SCE?

The Experiment said:
There's not after the fall. After 2006, I doubt there will be another PSP drought again, just like all machines. BOF3 probably wouldn't be out until 2006 so the shortage is thrown out.

So, you figure GTA:LCS, Madden, and the E3 stuff will break the drought?

System selling is subjective. A lot of Madden fans are going to like taking their franchise on the go.

Well, I was talking about what's already out. It's really going to depend on how the fans recieve Madden PSP, as far as that goes.

I don't think Capcom has done a system seller this generation except RE4 for GC and CV for the Dreamcast. I got a PSP 3rd day I think. I rushed buying it. In hindsight, I would have waited a year for more games but whatever. As of E3, Sony sold 1.3 million PSPs. So less than two months, it has that figure. So while you may not think there's any system sellers, 1.3 million disagree. That number is probably around 1.5 million now.

Well, okay. I own a PSP, too. A lot of PSPs out there doesn't necessarily mean that it's not laying on my floor collecting dust at the moment, though.

So, you figure GTA:LCS, Madden, and the E3 stuff will break the drought?

Then there's GT Mobile, DMC, etc. There are plenty of PSP titles coming out this fall and thereafter. Its up to you if you want to pay attention to them. Its no different than anticipating B listers for the DS that are coming out this summer. There's no drought with my PSP since there's still lots of shit for me to play on it.

Well, I was talking about what's already out. It's really going to depend on how the fans recieve Madden PSP, as far as that goes.

How many people are going to pass on a portable PS2 lookalike Madden that you can take your franchise mode with you? It won't sell 3 million PSPs for the amount of Madden fans but hundreds of thousands will be getting a PSP just for this and other EA Sports.

Well, okay. I own a PSP, too. A lot of PSPs out there doesn't necessarily mean that it's not laying on my floor collecting dust at the moment, though.

Yeah but that doesn't mean that the other 1,499,999 are not getting used. I still play mine once or twice a week. PSPs are still selling quite well so I'm assuming software is being sold along with this. If not, there's UMDs and shit, which going by some articles, are selling quite well and above expectations.

Multimedia functions are whats saving the PSP. Thanks to the PSP, I don't have to mess with getting a separate MP3 player. I then can watch the recent episode of The Shield and play a quick round of Hot Shots Golf. To me, that is whats saving it from collecting dust and probably not residing in a pawn shop somewhere.

jarrod

Banned
Well, looking at all the Capcom ports on handhelds since 1998...

Game Boy Color
-1942 (Digital Eclipse)
-Disney's Magical Tetris Challenge
-Ghosts N' Goblins (Digital Eclipse)
-Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors Dreams (Crawfish Interactive)

Wonderswan
-Makai-Mura for WonderSwan (Bandai)
-Rockman & Forte (Bandai)

NeoGeo Pocket Color
-Rockman Battle & Fighters

Game Boy Advance
-Breath of Fire
-Breath of Fire II
-Disney's Aladdin
-Disney's Magical Quest starring Mickey and Minnie
-Disney's Magical Quest 2 starring Mickey and Minnie
-Disney's Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey and Donald
-Final Fight One
-Mega Man & Bass
-Mega Man Anniversary Collection (Hanaho Asia)
-Street Fighter Apha 3 Upper (Crawfish Interactive)
-Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
-Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (Atomic Planet Entertainment)
-Super Street Fighter II: Revival Edition

N-Gage
-Catan

Nintendo DS
-Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

PSP
-Breath of Fire III
-DarkStalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower
-Mega Man Legends
-Monster Hunter Portable
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper
-Viewtiful Joe VFX Battle! (Clover Studio)

...versus original Capcom games...

Game Boy Color
-Gaia Master: Duel Card Attacks
-Mega Man Xtreme
-Mega Man Xtreme 2
-Metal Walker
-Resident Evil Gaiden (M4 Limited)
-Warauinu no Bouken GB: Silly Go Lucky!

Wonderswan
-Battle Network Rockman.EXE N1 Battle (Bandai)
-Battle Network Rockman.EXE WS

Game Boy Advance
-Black Black
-Granbo
-Gyakuten Saiban
-Gyakuten Saiban 2
-Gyakuten Saiban 3
-Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge
-Mega Man Battle Network
-Mega Man Battle Network 2
-Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue/White
-Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon/Red Sun
-Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel/Team Protoman
-Mega Man Zero
-Mega Man Zero 2
-Mega Man Zero 3
-Mega Man Zero 4
-Onimusha Tactics
-Yuushun Rhapsody

Nintendo DS
-Viewtiful Joe DS (Clover Studio)

PSP
-Devil May Cry

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
jarrod said:
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

-Monster Hunter Portable

So Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is just a port? I thought it was a new game in the series? What was it originally released for, GBA?

And is Monster Hunter Portable really going to be exactly the same as the original Monster Hunter, but portable?

jarrod

Banned
Kiriku said:
So Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney is just a port? I thought it was a new game in the series? What was it originally released for, GBA?

And is Monster Hunter Portable really going to be exactly the same as the original Monster Hunter, but portable?
Well, both are enhanced ports from what I understand. Phoenix Wright contains Gyakuten Saiban 2-3 plus an all new 3rd chapter iirc. Monster Hunter is based off the PS2 version, but should feature extra missions, items, etc.

The Experiment said:
Then there's GT Mobile, DMC, etc. There are plenty of PSP titles coming out this fall and thereafter. Its up to you if you want to pay attention to them. Its no different than anticipating B listers for the DS that are coming out this summer. There's no drought with my PSP since there's still lots of shit for me to play on it.
What's with the PSP/DS spin? Who brought up the DS?

My point is that GT Mobile and DMC and this stuff are fall Japan at best, I'll bet. That means at LEAST waiting until this winter, and likely longer.

I don't doubt that the PSP drought will end. It's just a matter of when, and I'm currently betting later than sooner.

How many people are going to pass on a portable PS2 lookalike Madden that you can take your franchise mode with you? It won't sell 3 million PSPs for the amount of Madden fans but hundreds of thousands will be getting a PSP just for this and other EA Sports.
Well, that depends on how good it is, and last I heard, E3 reports were bad.

Yeah but that doesn't mean that the other 1,499,999 are not getting used. I still play mine once or twice a week. PSPs are still selling quite well so I'm assuming software is being sold along with this. If not, there's UMDs and shit, which going by some articles, are selling quite well and above expectations.

Multimedia functions are whats saving the PSP. Thanks to the PSP, I don't have to mess with getting a separate MP3 player. I then can watch the recent episode of The Shield and play a quick round of Hot Shots Golf. To me, that is whats saving it from collecting dust and probably not residing in a pawn shop somewhere.
None of this disagrees with "The PSP (originality) drought sucks, and it seems like it will be lasting quite a while."

Anyway.

jarrod said:
Well, looking at all the Capcom ports on handhelds since 1998...

N-Gage
-Catan
How is this a port?

-Mega Man Xtreme
-Mega Man Xtreme 2
How are these not ports?

Capcom is getting especially quick at their porting :lol

How was Dash 2? I remember a while back hearing it was better than the first but I guess I'll wait for the reviews.

Megaman and Bass got a port to GBA. Although that was a good decision

Yeah it was. I need to go pick that game up.

Top Bottom