• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to debut new BBQ Bacon Whopper and Honey BBQ Chicken Strips

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
News: Burger King - New BBQ Bacon Whopper and Honey BBQ Strips

Burger King leads into spring with a new-ish Whopper variant as well as another sauced version of their chicken strips in the new BBQ Bacon Whopper and Honey BBQ Chicken Strips respectively.

The BBQ Bacon Whopper features a quarter-pound, flame-grilled beef patty, thick-cut bacon, American cheese, iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, mayo, ketchup, and BBQ sauce on a toasted sesame bun. The name's fairly literal, as it's a Whopper with Cheese plus bacon and BBQ sauce. Burger King has offered other BBQ versions of their signature Whopper before, including last year's Carolina BBQ Whopper.

Honey BBQ Chicken Strips feature Burger King's battered, breaded, and deep-fried chicken breast strips tossed in a honey BBQ sauce. They previously offered the strips tossed in a Buffalo sauce.

Nutritional Info - Burger King Bacon Whopper (307g)
Calories - 560 (from Fat - 280)
Fat - 45g (Saturated Fat - 14g)
Sodium - 1200mg
Carbs - 52g (Sugar - 15g)
Protein - 27g

Nutritional Info - Burger King Honey BBQ Chicken Strips - 3 piece (178g)
Calories - 410 (from Fat - 150)
Fat - 17g (Saturated Fat - 3g)
Sodium - 1400mg
Carbs - 42g (Sugar - 13g)
Protein - 22g

rqkDlBd.jpg

4NrHLKJ.jpg

I see what they did with the E, but I could have sworn they've had a bbq whopper before.

Edit: its the bacon that makes it different

akira28

Now will they be nicely coated in sauce, or basically drowning in a pool of sauce, ruining the experience for everyone?

tanooki27

those honey bbq chicken strips might be good if the sauce isn't too ketchupy.

makes me want some kfc honey bbq wings. those are right.

R3TRODYCE

The honey bbq chicken strips are out here and those sunsabitches were good! I was really surprised by them and the crinkle cut fries weren't bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
BK's buffalo strips were basically just as good as any chain sit down restaurants and competitively priced. Very impressed by them.

Pagusas

Elden Member
not a fan of BK, but that actually sounds good. Its sad that every BK I've seen is Getto as hell, looks third world, dirty and basically gives K-mart vibes.

XiaNaphryz

BK's buffalo strips were basically just as good as any chain sit down restaurants and competitively priced. Very impressed by them.

Never got around to trying the buffalo ones, not sure I'd like these new ones as much as I would have those either though as I'm not a fan of overly sweet BBQ sauces.

Kusagari

BBQ Bacon Whopper was better than the regular Whopper but there's zero reason to get it over the vastly superior Angry Whopper.

XiaNaphryz

BBQ Bacon Whopper was better than the regular Whopper but there's zero reason to get it over the vastly superior Angry Whopper.

Looks like this new burger is replacing the Angry Whopper on the menu. At least, that's what I noticed earlier today at one of the local ones here.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Prepare your hearts for desolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom