• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Games will be made by outside contractors moving foward says leaker

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jupiter_Coming_Soon-Bnet_Game-Content_UI_(Phoenix)-EN-1920x1080_textless.jpg

Wanna know what Microsoft’s plan with Call of Duty is? It’s the same as it was for Halo Infinite… They’re gonna hire outside contractors then once that contract hits a limit where they have to actually make them a part of MSFT, they will end the contract & hire a new contractor. You basically work on the games but you’re not actually an employee of said game studio you work under. It led to a lot of problems for Halo Infinite. It’s even worse for COD than something like Halo too cause COD has a yearly release lol. So fucking fun.
In response, he says that this is very bad for Call of Duty games moving foward

Some of TheGhostofHope previous leaks:

1,2, 3, 4, 5

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
If they can get CoD multiplayer to the level of polish they got Halo to currently... all in
Every COD gets just a year so if you fancy just one six month season, limited game modes and 7 maps before they cut support. Then a new COD, then be my guest and go all in.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To be fair, its not like Sledgehammer made great COD games. Hopefully, if contractors are used the brunt of it replaces Sledgehammer head office. Their latest game is probably the best one IMO. And thats mainly because I like the old 2009 maps. Their other games are pretty crap. WWII was decent. But Vanguard is easily the worst COD game out of all the ones I played.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
The only concern I have with this, is that using outside vendors for specific parts of the game can change the feel and flow of a game. There isn't a single midget on the levels, feel etc... Activision has been stale and just making the same shit over and over with little changes mostly bad for 10 years. Im ok with this as long as Microsoft allows Respawn to make a Titanfall 3!!!!

MiguelItUp

Wow, lmao. I mean, if this is real, it's a shame for COD and COD fans. But on the same note, it could potentially mean a lot of good for the series. Considering at this point it's practically the same game time and time again. Something needs to change. If something like this is what makes it change, or even kills it, so be it.

I just feel so bad for all the devs involved. Everything is such a shit show.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Infinity ward and treyarch increased their operations and have been making cod games for years, those studious went after the heart of warfare (modern warfare, world at war, black ops etc.) they could really benefit from one of those studios.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
This is a joke, right?

Spend all that money to buy basically one damn game and then start messing with the formula that made it what it is? Are they mental? If not mental, they sure are bold.
Microsoft bought the IP's they dont give a damn about the people. They want the rights to publish and license those NAMES. a shoe is a shoe until it gets a Nike Logo than its worth 50.00 more for the same reason.

Darsxx82

"leaker"
I rather see someone speculating. Which doesn't mean it's not right.

That said, layoffs at Activision/COD could have been around ~500 (to say a possible figure) when the development of each COD is carried out each year by around 7000-8000 devs (from 11 Studios/teams?) I don't think it could have an effect that would decide how good or bad a COD could be.
Another thing is that this was only the beginning of a process. Which would be decisive for a COD 2030 not for COD 2025.

Microsoft bought the IP's they dont give a damn about the people. They want the rights to publish and license those NAMES. a shoe is a shoe until it gets a Nike Logo than its worth 50.00 more for the same reason.
But they are messing with what made it what it is. They start messing with the formula, it's not going to be the same. I get what you mean though but there are shitty nikes as well. If COD starts to suck, it won't matter what the name is. It may take a few iterations to fall but this doesn't seem like a good idea.

Draugoth

Gold Member
"leaker"
I rather see someone speculating. Which doesn't mean it's not right.

That said, layoffs at Activision/COD could have been around ~500 (to say a possible figure) when the development of each COD is carried out each year by around 7000-8000 devs (from 11 Studios/teams?) I don't think it could have an effect that would decide how good or bad a COD could be.
Another thing is that this was only the beginning of a process. Which would be decisive for a COD 2030 not for COD 2025.

Same. I'll wait and see before dogpiling on MS.

Draugoth is trained in the art of clickbait-fu. It can be effective at times when it comes to riling up gaffers.

This leaker is somewhat reliable. Which is why i posted this. You can check some previous leaks in the post

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
But they are messing with what made it what it is. They start messing with the formula, it's not going to be the same. I get what you mean though but there are shitty nikes as well. If COD starts to suck, it won't matter what the name is. It may take a few iterations to fall but this doesn't seem like a good idea.
I buy every cod and I think it sucks. It just one of those games you and 4-5 friends can get on and play with very little thought. You don't have to concentrate and be on the edge while playing it. Just run around and gun. Die so what you respawn in 3 seconds. There isn't a real penalty for it. This is why I play Battle Royals and other games make you stress and think harder and play slower due to having to wait for respawn or just be out of it after death.

Im pulling for Xdefinace if it ever comes out lol. Loved the beta's and where they were heading.

kingsamj

This is (to SOME extent) what all big game studios do. Not all employees of course but they all do the contractor rotation for some portion of the workforce.

Top Bottom