• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Donkey Kong Jungle Fever

ziran

Gamefront

it's listed as an arcade game.

*edit - translation thanks to Kojima [below]
Kojima said:
Capcom has announced the development of "Donkey Kong Jungle Fever" for arcade. The arcade hardware will be shown at the end of this month at several Capcom events and at the Capcom headquarter in Osaka on the 27th of July. Release: TBA

Kojima

ziran said:
it's listed as an arcade game, can anyone do a better translation?

Yep.

Capcom has announced the development of "Donkey Kong Jungle Fever" for arcade. The arcade hardware will be shown at the end of this month at several Capcom events and at the Capcom headquarters in Osaka on the 27th of July. Release: TBA

ziran

Kojima said:
Capcom has announced the development of "Donkey Kong Jungle Fever" for arcade. The arcade hardware will be shown at the end of this month at several Capcom events and at the Capcom headquarter in Osaka on the 27th of July. Release: TBA
thanks!

Juice

Jungle Fever...

Because we all know that there's nothing that Donkey Kong wants more than black tittems.

I thought the "King of Kings!" line was bad. heh.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I'm willing to bet that this game is just JB with new levels and the same drums.

Rlan

Oh Donkey Kong, you poor Ape. Trying so hard to whore yourself as much as Mario, what with the:

Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
DK: King of Swing
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Konga 3
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

ALL within about 2 years.

The End

Hmm...that's odd. Donkey Konga was developed by Namco, and it would be fairly simple to adapt their Taiko machine to be an arcade version.

hooo

boooy
The End said:
Hmm...that's odd. Donkey Konga was developed by Namco, and it would be fairly simple to adapt their Taiko machine to be an arcade version.

Konga was developed by Namco. Beat was an internal project done by EAD Tokyo.

The End

hooo said:
Konga was developed by Namco. Beat was an internal project done by EAD Tokyo.

I'm just saying that an arcade version of Konga makes more sense than an arcade version of Jungle Beat.

That said, this could be an entirely new game.

Ponn

Banned
What the hell is this obsession with Nintendo and now Capcom trying to associate Donkey Kong with sex. First it's "Beat off with Jungle Beat" and now Jungle Fever?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Ponn01 said:
What the hell is this obsession with Nintendo and now Capcom trying to associate Donkey Kong with sex. First it's "Beat off with Jungle Beat" and now Jungle Fever?
steviewonder.jpg

I'ts not about sex. it's about loving that big man ape, er ape-man...uh...ape-ape.

Ponn

Banned
So does this mean Nintendo/Capcom will insert some hidden code into Jungle Fever that involves a sex mini game with Donkey Kong? I guess if Nintendo is going to start making less kiddie games and leaning more towards GTA style Furries sex is where to begin.

JavyOO7

ThongyDonk said:
And Nintendo staff continue doing what exactly??

Wahoo!

EDIT: No, but really. Probably the brunt of their resources are going to DS and the Revolution. Despite what anyway says I got incredible enjoyment from the GameCube, and there's still some games that I want to pick up before the little 'Cube that could goes the way of the do-do.

Firest0rm

JavyOO7 said:
Wahoo!

EDIT: No, but really. Probably the brunt of their resources are going to DS and the Revolution. Despite what anyway says I got incredible enjoyment from the GameCube, and there's still some games that I want to pick up before the little 'Cube that could goes the way of the do-do.

Wow, thats cool. Mario has an awesome soundtrack.

Mallrat83

Banned
JavyOO7 said:
Wahoo!

The cube will fade away, but the games themselves will be playable on the Revolution.

Sanjuro

JavyOO7 said:
Wahoo!

Indeed. Mario music is off the chain.

djtiesto said:
Oh man, what an unfortunate name :lol

If this game involves Donky Kong and Princess Peach getting it on (plus a dancing crack head Luigi) I'm all for it. Who says Nintendo is teh kiddy? :lol

TheDiave

Banned
I hope it's a sequel to Jungle Beat, but only if it maintains the same gameplay mechanics; With some new ones thrown in, of course.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Deku Tree said:
That's a terrible name for the USA, but it's probably a Japan only name.

:lol That's the best name in the world. It should fuel internet jokes for years to come!

What's with this arcade stuff the developers are doing? Since the arcades are completely dead here, I at least hope that they're porting this and Mario Kart to GC anyway.

ziran

gamefront said:
Donkey Kong Jungle Fever is ' Medal Game '

25.07.05 - Capcom communicates that it concerns with Donkey Kong Jungle Fever around a ' Medal Game ' and not a traditional video game. The automat can be booked in advance since today in Japan, the distribution takes place at the beginning of of September 2005.

'medal game'?

maybe something's lost in translation.

MadFuzzy

Medal game = something like this which means that it won't be Donkey Konga, or Jungle Beat for the arcades. Anyway doing medal games, or pachislot games with licensed characters can be a license to print money, and Nintendo have probably realised that now.

Top Bottom