• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Donkey Kong Jungle Fever

I'll try a better translation:

Donkey Kong Jungle Fever ist 'Medal Game'

25.07.05 - Capcom gibt bekannt, dass es sich bei Donkey Kong Jungle Fever um ein 'Medal Game' und nicht um ein traditionelles Videospiel handelt. Der Automat kann seit heute in Japan vorbestellt werden, die Auslieferung erfolgt Anfang September 2005.

Donkey Kong Jungle Fever is a 'Medal Game' (I think the English word is coin machine?)

25.07.05 - Capcom announces that Donkey Kong Jungle Fever is a coin machine and not a traditional videogame. The arcade machine can be ordered since today, they will be distributed in early September 2005.

n-off

thegodsend said:
I'll try a better translation:
Donkey Kong Jungle Fever is a 'Medal Game' (I think the English word is coin machine?)

25.07.05 - Capcom announces that Donkey Kong Jungle Fever is a coin machine and not a traditional videogame. The arcade machine can be ordered since today, they will be distributed in early September 2005.

nope. coin machine means 'Münzautomat' in german.
They are really talking about a 'Medal Game'... whatever that may be.

Yep, you are right. but isn't a medal game also some kind of "Münzautomat"? You throw in coins with the goal to receive more coins...

Gc-Freak

Banned
thegodsend said:
Yep, you are right. but isn't a medal game also some kind of "Münzautomat"? You throw in coins with the goal to receive more coins...

theoretically yes. But no one knows what Gamefront mean with this.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Sounds like it's a redemption game to me, folks.

I'd also take that to mean that unless the game gets a lot of added or altered content, a home port isn't something to be taken for granted.

MadFuzzy

Shiggy said:
I think it's a medal game like Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. There you have to collect different medals.

I think you'll be very disappointed. It'll be a slot machine-type game, as in Japanese, "medal game" means: "an amusement parlour game which uses tokens".

Capcom did that Onimushi pachislot machine recently, and Sega have done Sonic pachislot machines too, so Nintendo are just pimping out Donkey Kong out in the same way that they've recently done with Mario. Here are some of Capcom's latest medal games: http://www.capcom.co.jp/game/event/aou2005/00_medal.html

Top Bottom