• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Showcase 2023 | OT | Welcome Arisen | 15:00 PT, 18:00 ET, 23:00 BST, 00:00 CET

What you want to see the most in The Capcom Showcase?

• Dragon's Dogma 2 Baby!

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Exoprimal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake VR or DLC News

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Updates on Street Fighter VI

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • CAPCOM WHERE IS MY PRAGMATA?!

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • IDK, im only here for Ada's thicc thighs

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pejo

Highlight was telling us everything that was the same from the first Dragon's Dogma, along with analyzing obvious stuff from a previous trailer that we already knew. I don't think there was even any new footage?

ssringo

So, the entire show was to announce Ghost Trick's demo, another Exoprimal beta and confirming stuff we already knew.

celebrate happy birthday GIF

ThisIsMyDog

I don't understand what those who are complaining are about, Capcom is not some gaming behemoth with 30 projects, they quickly showed what they have without wasting our time and they have earned their trust over the past years.

Gorgon

Highlight was telling us everything that was the same from the first Dragon's Dogma, along with analyzing obvious stuff from a previous trailer that we already knew. I don't think there was even any new footage?

There was some extended footage from stuff that was in the trailer. Not much but a bit.

Bartski

Gold Member
3 seconds of Pragmata gameplay and DD2 looks interesting I guess.

Like I said. Banger games, shittiest showcases in existance, year after year. How is that even possible? Good night.

After calming down from my excitement about Exoprimal literally being saved from an early grave, my rating for this show is: C-

Some positive notes I wrote during the showcase:

Doing a Nintendo Direct style showcase this time was a good decision
Path of the Goddess short explanation of gameplay(Action + Strategy explains the camera angle)
Megaman X Dive Offline(Offline probably means they fixed the balancing to be less grindy)
Pragamata gameplay snippets
Ghost Trick Phantom Detective gameplay
Ace Attorney Apollo Trilogy
Saving Exoprimal by making it way more PvE focused
Tiny slice and explanation of Dragon's Dogma 2 gameplay(They're adding AI enhancements)
Ending with announcing a Capcom digital sale

Negatives:
Reusing the same gameplay from other presentations and repeated announcements like RE 4 VR(Capcom thinks their fans live in a bubble I guess).

As a last note, I didn't know Pragmata was even delayed and I don't think many others here knew either, and if they had said nothing and just showed gameplay snippets with a '2024' at the end, I think people would have been happy enough with that. That apology put into the trailer itself and also a letter at the end made it look a bit worse.

At least we saw some extra seconds of DD2 gameplay. Not sure which show was worse, Ubisoft or this one.
I rated this exactly the same as Ubisoft's show, but for different reasons. Ubisoft's had too much old school E3-style boring presentations but made up for it with lengthy gameplay showcases. Their show could have been 30 minutes like Capcom's if they cut the fat. Capcom's show was 30 minutes and straight to the point, but they were kind of lacking in terms of content and gameplay deep dives except for Exoprimal. If they had showed a bit more of DD2 and Path of the Goddess, I think people would have been content.

Ubisoft had 4 big pillars: Avatar, PoP Lost Crown, Star Wars, and AC Mirage. All 4 had lengthy gameplay
Capcom should have had at least 3 big pillars: Path of the Goddess, Exoprimal, and DD2. But instead they stacked the Exoprimal pillar and gave us snippets of the other two.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I really did not expect them to just replay the DD trailer and basically say nothing. Sigh.

Quantum253

Capcom's own shows are always low-key catch-up affairs, at most you'll get a port or DLC reveal. The big gun reveals are strictly for Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft shows.
For most titles. Some of those are bigger, but way more low-key than a mainline FF, Starfield, etc.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Capcom came in clutch to save Sony and Microsoft for not having the worst showcases of the summer!

supernova8

Banned
Is this really the same trailer from yesterday?
Not only the same trailer, but then they show the exact same thing again only with the dude's voiceover. Same trailer 3 times in 24 hours? Even Redfall and Deathloop can't beat that :D

Also is it just me or did Capcom kinda "copy" Nintendo in their Direct format. The dude's voiceover sounds veeeery similar and the whole aesthetic looks the same. Almost like a "if Nintendo bought Capcom" scenario

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Funny reference for anyone living in Japan: Shu Takumi (the creator of Ghost Trick) is the exact type of old-ish Japanese dude that will try to talk you in a bar to practice his English but his talking points will be mind-numbingly boring and you end up nodding and giving shit responses to try and persuade him to fuck off.

I can imagine him saying "Oh do you za beatoruzu?"

Yeah I know I'm a horrible person, so what

Last edited:

lestar

ghost trick is the goat and is great capcom is re-releasing it in HD for the new platforms, but it felt strange they showcased a 10+ years old game as a new game

GymWolf

Nothing to show for mh paradise but you had the time to make a sorry ass trailer for pragmata? Really capcom?

GrayFoxPL

What Capcom showed finally got me hooked.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Exoprimal looks like a game I'd like to play.

Kunitsu-Gami, Pragmata, Dragon's Dogma 2, Exoprimal all looked cool and fun to play.

Few gifs I made:

Kunitsu-Gami

sL9OyLn.gif

v6pZsCR.gif

hBCDjkg.gif

Exoprimal

YAi1gTG.gif

rIUugAT.gif

L5va8sH.gif

uoP4GwP.gif

eHzYjwe.gif

siJUEjh.gif