• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom suggests it could revive some of its dormant game series

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

When asked specifically what plans the company has for its dormant IP, Capcom responded: “We are currently putting together plans for our pipeline based on-demand data from the market.”

It continued: “Going forward, we will continue to take customers’ wishes into consideration while devising our title lineup.”

STARSBarry

Gold Member
5fc2b52af8bd5b9133e5a4fd3abb5660.jpg

Elios83

The old leak included a Onumusha reboot game.
I hope it's true and plans weren't scrapped after the remaster of the original sold only 500k units ww.

Last edited:

GHound

That'd be great and I'd love to see it happen... so long as they're actually games and not mobile games or Netflix adaptations.
I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

Edit: Or games that are LIKE Netflix adaptations.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel like they release Street Fighter II with every single collection they release. I’ll have my 10th copy of SF2 and 4th or 5th copy of DarkStalkers here shortly. More power to them if they do. They’ve got some awesome IP’s in their backlog. I love SF2. I had it at as a kid and played it at the arcade, but how many copies do I need to own? I wish Disney would allow them creative freedom with the Marvel license. I have more copies of 1942 than I know what to do with. Same goes for Strider and Captain Commando. Awesome games, but I know they’ve got more to show off.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Alongside the obvious release of Megaman Legends 3...

Can we get a remaster of this please? Many of my friends don't understand why I rave about this game. The ultimate coop experience... just make sure to include the acrid PvP game mode from Lost Planet: Colonies Edition and you will have one of the best coop and PvP experiences in gaming.

Aranea

Ok i will keep bothering on each survey they sent to give an HD remaster of Resident Evil Outbreak.

Furozen

Breath of Fire, but a real sixth installment and not some mobile free-to-play abomination this time, please.

yurinka

As far as I remember he's talking about Dragon's Dogma, Final Fight, Captain Commando, Onimusha and Power Stone.

Last edited:
C'mon Capcom.... how many prayer circles, sacrificial altars, moneyhats and gaming forum posts do we need to make in order for you to get to work on Dragons Dogma 2 already?!

A Shadow of Rome remake would be good, and multiplayer gladiator battles would be unique.

The original had very solid mechanics and combat.
YES. Fuck, I want that sequel so bad. It has probably been damn near twenty years since I beat the original, but as I recall, the story even ended on a cliffhanger. Shadow of Rome was such a great game that I feel most people didn't even know about.

Matt_Fox

Another vote for Shadow Of Rome sequel, that would be incredible.

I'm also interested in a next gen Dragons Dogma title - I never played the original but it sounds like it'd be up my street.

Astral Dog

tbh i don't care about their old series,if they don't even give a shit about MegaMan first, fans deserve more than yet another rehashed NES sequel

Top Bottom