• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr Franchise Owner Mixed BBQ Sauce with Bare Hands

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
The reason it's a big deal is because its a nationwide fast food chain.

Have you seen how 3 star michelin rated Jiro sushi rice is made?

Sanjuro

68QYp5o.gif

Fisty

Disgusting practice at a restaurant.

Gotta say though, sounds like a really good time. Might head over to Costco tonight and grab some BBQ sauce buckets

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I've cooked in kitchens with and without gloves. When you work without gloves, you wash your hands all the time.

But washing your whole arm? Ain't nobody got time for that. There's a pretty big difference between cooking with your bare hands and mixing sauce with your whole fucking arm.

Madness

Proper hand washing hygiene is more than effective for any real issues. Whenever raw meat is handled wash your hands. I am a giant germaphobe with severe OCD. I've found if I think about it becomes unappetizing to want to eat out. A lot of chefs and cooks do things like use utensils to taste and stire again etc. It is what it is.

As for this, clearly health violations. People who mess with people's food are sociopaths. If the job sucks that much stop working. But don't take your frustrations out on innocent customers by spitting in their food or other gross stuff.

Dre3001

I've worked at tons of restaurants through the years and at every location the cooks have always used gloves when in the kitchen.

I'm actually surprised so many people are casually mentioning they have never seen cooks use gloves in restaurants.

"Alberta".

I was a cook for over 8 years during my time in and after University, never saw something even remotely close to as gross as anything this redneck does on the regular.

[and Carl's Jr. is my fav, so this makes me sad]

Persona7

Banned
Are preparers required to wear gloves when putting food together?

I remember getting some roast beef from a deli once and the woman didn't change gloves after putting raw bacon in a bag.

Are preparers required to wear gloves when putting food together?

I remember getting some roast beef from a deli once and the woman didn't change gloves after putting raw bacon in a bag.

much food prep doesn't require wearing gloves [just washing your hands religiously], but no cook should ever be mixing any sauce with their bare skin - that's what spatulas are for ffs.

nampad

Don't read this if you like eating out

cooks don't wear gloves 90% of the time when they do shit like this, the 10% of the time is when you can be seen by the public

But yea, he could have used a fucking ladle or something to mix it, what he did is pretty needless and gross considering how high it went up his arm

Cooking without gloves is totally fine as long as you a) washed your hands and b) are healthy.
Actually, using gloves is actually worse in many circumstances because they are not used correctly.

The sauce mixing should have been handled differently though and the owner doesn't seem like someone who knows how to handle food.

Top Bottom