• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cartoon Network should Upgrade more shows to Adult Swim like w/ Samurai Jack S5

Epcott

I'd wish for some Hannah Barbara shows dealing with more adult themes and issues. Maybe not Scooby or Jabberjaw, but a harder-hitting Josie and the Pussycats could be neat or even one of their superheros. Problem with that wish is, aside from Adult Swim not likely wanting to distance themselves from adult-comedic Space Ghost/Birdman/etc attempts, I don't know if lesser HB properties that's not Scooby-Doo would be that marketable nowadays.

That would be great... a throwback to early Adult Swim.

I would love a Hair Bear Bunch revival as a stoner comedy, or even a Flintstones show about Fred and Barney in college, dealing with off the wall situations.

But you're probably right, not much of a market for it now.

Combine Dexter's Lab with Breaking Bad as an older heavily Jaded and hard up Dexter decides to get into making drugs to make ends meet after he discovers Monkey has cancer. I can't wait till DeeDee is like,"I fucked Mandark"

Didn't they already do dark future Dexter with the Ego Trip movie?

PixelatedBookake

Combine Dexter's Lab with Breaking Bad as an older heavily Jaded and hard up Dexter decides to get into making drugs to make ends meet after he discovers Monkey has cancer. I can't wait till DeeDee is like,"I fucked Mandark"

Okay sidenote speaking of Monkey anybody remember that episode where he fought Mandark's duck and the duck lays an egg at the end? WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE DEAL WITH THAT

Zubz

Banned
The entire Hanna Barbera line has had kind of a "gritty" reboot in the comics.

Actually, that's it. There's our answer. The Flintstones was genuinely one of my Top 3 comic runs last year. That could be a good, adult-oriented show with the right team.

It was shockingly poignant & entertaining to read; making it about The Flintstones should just mean it's an easy pitch!

pizzacat

Banned
No thanks. Give more money to Rick and Morty please.
For them to waste a year farting around on vr, no thanks.

If they have to continue something, idk maybe young justice season 3 can be there

How about venture bros have a season every decade instead of the millennium schedule they have going on

Top Bottom