• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CCP knows Dust 514 should never have been a console exclusive: 'If we had been on PC the whole time the game would literally be alive'

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

I ask Árnason how he felt about that exclusivity and the decision to close the game in 2016.

"I was a part of making that decision," says Árnason. "So it was hard but needed to happen, because we simply couldn't continue on the platform. Then I personally went through all of the motions of trying to evolve it: so moving from PS3 to PC, updating, I went through all of these internal phases, we had Legion [a successor announced at EVE Fanfest 2014], various internal codenames etcetera. So it was hard but at that time I really thought we would do it, and it kind of felt that if we would come back to it we would be able to deliver and put it back on PC where it kind of belongs. Looking at, like, Warframe was big at the time. And I always wanted it to work and I think if we had been on PC the whole time the game would literally be alive. Like, it would just be growing and still be a part of EVE."

Robb

Gold Member
I don’t doubt it, the CCP probably has eyes and ears everywhere..
Dog Reaction GIF

Unfortunate abbreviation for the company.

GHound

pepe.jpg

9 years since announcing Legion with no game to show for it is why I feel this game was fated to die.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
A game with a user score and critic score of 60, probably would not be a success, even if it was also on PC.

Top Bottom