• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chick-fil-a giving away free breakfast sandwich via their app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Download the CFA app on iOS or Android. Login in and boom free CFA breakfast offer.

screenshot_2016-09-03gcxxh.png

Not even gay people care about this from what I've seen, I'm gay and still eat it every once in a blue moon. :/

I only really eat there when they give out free shit. I haven't taken the time yet to check whether or lot my local franchisees are pieces of shit.

But aren't they homophobic?

They had a big thing once where they were doing ads about with the whole "one man, one woman" with their cow mascot things, and instead of backtracking once they got heat they went full on and apparently had some kind of straight marriage celebration day where they invited everyone who agreed that marriage should be "one man, one woman" to get food there in support of that (or something like that, I can't really remember the exact details of how that went down).

So, yeah, Chick-fil-a, or at least the people who run it, are heavily anti-gay marriage.

this_guy

Can I create 30 email addresses and log into the app with a new email address every day to get a free sandwich every day? Asking for a friend.

I wonder if they are open on Monday. It's too late today and they are closed tomorrow.

The hate in every bite is delicious.

Portman

Thanks for the heads up! I always forget I have this app. Even went there last week and missed out on the loyalty thing.

Have 2 friends that work at local Chick-fil-a's as marketing and events people. I get free sandwich coupons weekly.

It's a blessing and a curse.

Just to clarify this from my experience. The founder said some homophobic stuff, but the organization as a whole is not.

Our local ones have people that are LGBT as workers and managers. The owners of those chains blatant said, "I don't care what the founder thinks, and there's no rules or policies against anything."

They had a big thing once where they were doing ads about with the whole "one man, one woman" with their cow mascot things, and instead of backtracking once they got heat they went full on and apparently had some kind of straight marriage celebration day where they invited everyone who agreed that marriage should be "one man, one woman" to get food there in support of that (or something like that, I can't really remember the exact details of how that went down).

So, yeah, Chick-fil-a, or at least the people who run it, are heavily anti-gay marriage.

There are a number of inaccuracies in your version of what happened. There's a more neutral history at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

In particular I'm pretty sure the "eat at chik fil a" day was organized by people outside of the company to counteract a boycott. Chik fil a always said they welcome all people to work at their stores and eat their food.

jackal27

Banned

Holy crap, we're still on this? They reversed all of those things years ago, became friends with LGBT leaders, and pulled their support from organizations that are. They make freaking chicken people.

This was ALL people outside the company apart from some comments made by the company's CEO in an interview. Someone in my family owns two Chick-Fil-A stores and was so frustrated when all this was going on, actually opting for the opposite response and inviting gay couples for the "kiss-in" protest. 3 of his core leadership staff are gay.

Susurrus

Since we're on the subject, yesterday Niko's Kitchen posted a video on how to make a Chik-Fil-A sandwich at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anq7BNCxZJ0

VG9EKLh.png

Ingredient List

Oh man, that's awesome. I live overseas as military and haven't had chik-fil-a for a while. Supposedly AAFES and Chik-fil-A were in talks to get one here, but Chik-fil-A wouldn't let AAFES open it Sunday (their busiest day because Europe means everything on the economy is closed so everyone shops on base), which caused the deal to fall through.

My wife is good w/ this stuff (she cloned Outback's bread on her own) so maybe I'll get her to give this a try.

They never released an ad like that. The owner said some off-color shit and there was a boycott. Long story short the owner's an under-cover asshole but WAFFLE FRIES.

There are a number of inaccuracies in your version of what happened. There's a more neutral history at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick-fil-A_same-sex_marriage_controversy

In particular I'm pretty sure the "eat at chik fil a" day was organized by people outside of the company to counteract a boycott. Chik fil a always said they welcome all people to work at their stores and eat their food.

This was ALL people outside the company apart from some comments made by the company's CEO in an interview. Someone in my family owns two Chick-Fil-A stores and was so frustrated when all this was going on, actually opting for the opposite response and inviting gay couples for the "kiss-in" protest. 3 of his core leadership staff are gay.

As I said in my parentheses, I wasn't sure 100% how that went down, I just remember it happening.

They never released an ad like that. The owner said some off-color shit and there was a boycott. Long story short the owner's an under-cover asshole but WAFFLE FRIES.

Are you sure? I'm like 80% sure I saw that ad on a billboard in my local town once. I may be misremembering, though, since it's been a long time.

Are you sure? I'm like 80% sure I saw that ad on a billboard in my local town once. I may be misremembering, though, since it's been a long time.

Positive. Not downing you because again, the owner was involved in some shady stuff around that time period. But they were never that blatant. If they were there would be a lot more (well deserved) outrage.

Positive. Not downing you because again, the owner was involved in some shady stuff around that time period. But they were never that blatant. If they were there would be a lot more (well deserved) outrage.

Not, it's fine. Like I said, it's been what, like 6 years ago now since that happened? I'm obviously fuzzy on the details. That ad must have been a parody ad, though I swear I thought I saw it out in the open at some point.

Apath

I never ate Chik-fil-a until some couple on this forum made their own version of CFA's chicken sandwich during the midst of the anti-gay marriage situation.

They showed pictures of the cooking process and finished result, kept going "SO GOOD" etc, that it finally got me to go out and try CFA's chicken sandwich. Kind of ironic considering it was meant to be a way to experience CFA's food without supporting them.

Hands down the best fast food chicken sandwich, and probably the best service of any fast food restaurant.

If you are thinking along the lines of McDonalds, this is incorrect. Operators can be terminated/removed from their stores.

True story. Franchisees in Chick-fil-A are glorified District Managers. When you get become a franchisee here*, you're essentially paying a fee to get a six-figure job. Not a bad plan for some folks, but the sky isn't exactly the limit there. This offers the corporate owners a greater level of control over the restaurants.

Saying this sounds like I work for Chick-Fil-A. I do not, although I did consider becoming a franchisee at one point.

jackal27

Banned
True story. Franchisees in Chick-fil-A are glorified District Managers. When you get become a franchisee here*, you're essentially paying a fee to get a six-figure job. Not a bad plan for some folks, but the sky isn't exactly the limit there. This offers the corporate owners a greater level of control over the restaurants.

Saying this sounds like I work for Chick-Fil-A. I do not, although I did consider becoming a franchisee at one point.

Hm. That's interesting. My family member who owns a couple of them seems to have almost autonomous control over his stores. Then again, he has a great reputation so this could be why.

MrDaravon

Another way to get more people to come in for breakfast is to bring back the spicy biscuit.

This was already brought up in the last thread - that wasn't actually happening.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ick-fil-a-kill-the-spicy-chicken-biscuit.html

David Farmer, vice president of menu strategy and development, said the Spicy Chicken Biscuit “represented one half of one percent of breakfast sales.”

In the ~12 years I've been going to CFA for breakfast on a regular basis I never ever saw or heard anyone order one. I really think this is a weird GAF thing or something, it's bizarre to me.

Hm. That's interesting. My family member who owns a couple of them seems to have almost autonomous control over his stores. Then again, he has a great reputation so this could be why.

Stores are company owned, unless there has been some massive change in how CFA is run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom